AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Controls For 2010 Toyota Corolla

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help me out so that I can maintain the steering wheel controls of my car after installing the new AVIC-Z110BT. I have been hearing that PAC SWIPS is the adapter I need, but I have been hearing mixed signals. Does anyone know for sure if that is the best one or if there is another I should purchase. thanks

I can echo that. I just installed in a 2010 Toyota Venza using the latest PAC SWI-PS. Be certain to get the 1.6.8 software version on the PAC. We started with 1.6.7 and could not get the phone/voice functions to work. 1.6.8 works perfectly for all steering wheel functions.

Bruce

Ok. I have another question. this might be a dumb one but what the hell. Can you sync more than one cell phone to the z110bt or does it have to be one at a time. Im sure you can not make phone calls with both at the same time but in the memory can there be more than one cell phone.

You can pair up to five phones to the units memory but per the wording in the owners manual you can only use one at a time. It is my understanding that the first phone in the list has priority over the rest. However I have no experience with this ability so I cant say for sure.

I just installed my unit with the steering wheel controls. so far everything works like a dream the only question i have is about the voice commands. Sometimes I will push the button to do voice control and nothing happens. Is there certain times the voice control will not work? it wont work every time I push it. has anyone else had problems like this?

I'm not certain that this is your issue but....

Voice control is only available on certain screens [i think this is a weakness and I don't really understand why they are limiting it]. It is available when the map, music and phone screens are visible but voice control is not available from the home screen, shortcuts screen and I believe settings also. Unless you have disabled the icons, voice is available when there is a "V" icon on the right side of the screen. It may also be unavailable during bootup and a few minutes after.

Hope that helps.

Bruce