AVIC411.com

Huge SD card problem after firmware update

I downloaded the version 2.009000 firmware for the F900.

Everything worked fine, but know I have a major problem.

The device, doesn't boot from the SD card. It does recognise the card AFTER startup to play music etc but it doesn't boot from it. Also, it creates two files: device nng and gpslog

What can I do? I can't use either testmode or leetlancher know :?:?

And of course I cannot upgrade to version 3.020200 :roll::roll:

• 2 months later...
Your not using a valid testmode file.

It has nothing to do with test mode. The unit will not recognize any SD card until after the unit has booted into the avic environment. I can put in the 3.01 or 3.02 upgrade SD cards and the unit will ignore them and boot up as if nothing is in there; I can put in a valid testmode SD card and the unit will ignore it. The only time my unit sees the SD card is after is has booted it will play mp3s if there are any on the card.

I can put in the 3.01 or 3.02 upgrade SD cards and the unit will ignore them and boot up as if nothing is in there.

The unit is going to ignore an update file if you have the latest update already installed. Use the testmode file from the following link. If it doesn't work then yea, you have a problem.

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=27989

I finally just formatted the unit and installed a pirated version of 3.0 and then upgraded that to 3.02. Now I can get testmode to work. Frustrating, considering I had a legit copy of 3.0 to begin with.

You are not the first. I too have had problems with the legit update. I then installed the 3.0 update from this forum and all is good. I phoned Pioneer and told them what I did so that I would still be able to get legit updatesd and they said no problem as long as my device ID is registered, or something like that. The reason that the legit update has had so many problems is that it does not reformat the flash drive whereas the copy on this site does. In reality, it is only crucial for a drive to be reformatted if there are previous mods on there. Otherwise the drive does not have to be formatted. Just about everyone here has mods, so that is why the legit update has caused problems for many of us