AVIC411.com

2003 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG VSS wire??

countrylvr could you please give me a location that would mean the world to me? also if you could access and find the power booster to the antenna wire that would be incredible!!!

p.s. - i love country music too if thats what your name is all about =) if not sorry lol

Wish I could. For some reason the databases I have access to don't have much information at all for most benz's after 2000.

Yes that's exactly what my name its about Country Lover minus all of the vowels. Shorthand from work. Speaker install becomes spkr nstll. Makes filling out paperwork a lot faster.

country lover do you have aim or something so we can chat really quick? I have a few questions about the cross over and can give you all the specs you need on my system to make an educated choice on a good crossover and how to connect it.. thanks man

oh yah and do you know where the reverse wire is at??? i totally forgot about that ugh.

Nothing I have acces to lists the reverse for your car. Best bet then would be to just tap off the taillights. As far as crossovers go, you'll need to know where the factory amp crossed over the audio signal to the speakers. Then you could build your own. It's really not that hard to do at all. I'd rather do it that way so you can get the exact point you need for each speaker.

I called up a good soure and found out no cross over is needed. The tweeters are run in parallel with the speakers from factory. So when I get the wires in the back trunk there is just the power and ground wire for the from left front speaker (for example). When tweeter and the speaker are run in parallel there is already a bass blocker that was attached to the tweeter in order to prevent this high low mixup and blowing the tweeter. Therefore there is no need for a crossover cause the bass blocker is protecting the tweeters. =) tis true?

That's a distinct possibility. I've never seen mercedes use outboard crossovers, but hey there's a first for everything I guess. I would put a meter on the speaker leads though and make sure that it reads at least 4 ohms. If it reads less you might run into a problem with the z1's internal amp getting damaged from too low of a resistance. Actually I wouldn't go be 3.5 ohms that should be ok too.