AVIC411.com

Firmware version 3.020200 from Pioneer?

Hi, can I upgrade from 2.009000 to 3.020200?

I have F700BT from EU, Poland. I am going to follow instructions of Kraven

Hi Klex,

no, this will not work. This is an update for version 3, not an upgrade from Version 2

You could try the non-official upgrade as described in this forum

cheers,

Weo

Hi, in fact i can confirm this DOES work.. I have an EU F700BT and upgraded it from the official pioneer 2.009 to the 3.0 on this topic. I haven't seen any weird things except for the phonebook synchronisation, which stops after it reaches the letter M. but i haven't treid deleting all user settings yet..

Good luck with your update its very simple and look great.. to me its an real improvement.

Can also confirm this works...

Followed this post viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30216&start=15#p207534

I did need to use the par files to repair the rar's

I had then a F900BT EU running 3.00303 firmware.

I then went to Pioneers uk support website and downloaded the 3.020200 upgrade (about 350MB) and used that to upgrade, this upgrade is only for people already running v3..... As mine was now running 3.003 it worked great.

Stee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can also confirm this works...

Followed this post viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30216&start=15#p207534

I did need to use the par files to repair the rar's

I had then a F900BT EU running 3.00303 firmware.

I then went to Pioneers uk support website and downloaded the 3.020200 upgrade (about 350MB) and used that to upgrade, this upgrade is only for people already running v3..... As mine was now running 3.003 it worked great.

Stee

Hi, didnt you need to purchache a license ? yust download the firmware, put it on SD and boot the device ?

Pioneer offer FREE upgrades if you are already running version v3.00303. So if you can get your unit to run the 3.00303 like I did then it allows you to update to the 3.020200 upgrade from there website. :smile: for free. If you are running only v2 then it wont run.

Steve

cool, i wasn't aware of that. its just this link right ? http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/sup ... 700BT.html im going to try it out this weekend :D.

cheers

Pioneer offer FREE upgrades if you are already running version v3.00303. So if you can get your unit to run the 3.00303 like I did then it allows you to update to the 3.020200 upgrade from there website. :smile: for free. If you are running only v2 then it wont run.

Steve

ALL PIONEER FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE FREE!!! The reason that going from 2.06 to 3.0 in the F series costs $ is that you are paying for the 'map upgrade' which you have to do with ANY gps system. TOMTOM is featuring their map upgrade for $89, that is not a firmware update, but just a map update. TeleAtlas charges Pioneer for the maps, therefore Pioneer charges you for the upgrade, that is the only reason that there was a charge for the 3.0 update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am confused.

Where on Pioneer's site, or elsewhere, can I find a free firmware upgrade for download for my U.S. version F700bt?

Thanks everyone for being kind to the nOOb! :)

If you're running a 2.x version of the firmware, this has the update to 2.008: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B

If you have 3.x firmware, there haven't been any updates released for the US 3.x firmware yet. If you mean a free 2.x to 3.x upgrade, it doesn't legally exist (need to buy the SD cards from Pioneer) but search the forum for the morally flexible method if you're opposed to paying.

• 9 months later...

ALL PIONEER FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE FREE!!! The reason that going from 2.06 to 3.0 in the F series costs $ is that you are paying for the 'map upgrade' which you have to do with ANY gps system. TOMTOM is featuring their map upgrade for $89, that is not a firmware update, but just a map update. TeleAtlas charges Pioneer for the maps, therefore Pioneer charges you for the upgrade, that is the only reason that there was a charge for the 3.0 update

The only difference is that with TomTom you get 4 map updates for € 36,00 and with Pioneer I get 1 update for € 159,00. Thats a € 123,00 difference for LESS updates.

So Pioneer is ripping of their customers and if I new they had this bad update support I would never had bought a F900BT.

Than there's also the very poor Remote control support with a Seat can bus steering wheel. The still way to long boot time and the stupid and illegal traffic jam avoidance routine that lets you drive on and off highway exits, gas stations and rest stops, to drive "past" traffic jams. This is all illegal in the Netherlands so a navigation systems with these redirection routines is not worth its money.

• 3 years later...

This update doesn't work for me at all. It's saying something about a Czech language file not found. Is there a free update for North American head units?