AVIC411.com

New IR receiver for AVIC (Adds wireless remote control!!!)

I have the CD-SR1 left over from when I had my D3. I will be testing it with the unit when I get my module. As long as Pioneer didn't change the remotes codes with the with Z110BT is should work as it did with the previous Z series.

Hey were you able to confirm if the CD-SR1 is compatible? if so is all i need is the PAC WRI-P and CD-SR1 for my z110? and are all buttons fucntional.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has someone tested this to make sure the voice activation does indeed work?

Just wondering on the z110 it says this in the instructions.

1. The voice recognition command via wireless remote is not supported on the following models: AVIC-F700BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-U310BT, AVIC-X710BT, and AVIC-X910BT.

2. PAC recommends the use of the Pioneer CD-R510 or CXC9115 remote for maximum compatibility with the WRI-P. Other

I currently have the CD-R510 and CXC5719 wireless remotes. They both work for basic functions (volume, track, ATT, Source, and power). The only one that works with voice is the CD-R510. The way it is activated is by pushing the round toggle. Activation is as fast as if you pushed the button on the unit itself.

Hey were you able to confirm if the CD-SR1 is compatible? if so is all i need is the PAC WRI-P and CD-SR1 for my z110? and are all buttons fucntional.

Alright, just got my WRI and have done my testing with the Pioneer CD-SR1 remote. It works for all functions on the remote except the VR, hands free, and function button. Kind of disappointed as I really wanted the handsfree functions to work over anything else. Overall it is useful and I will be keeping it.

Woah just ran into a problem after installing the PAC wpi my fuse blew under the hood so after replacing it mini 10a the hu stays on even when keys are out and door is open? I disconnected the PAC and it still on what could this be ? Bad fuses?

Phew thank god i figured it out. At first i thought my fuse block went. (very expensive to replace)

So it happend to be the GMOS-04 went bad. Could of it been the WPI IR Reciever? I wouldnt doubt it!!!. So i went and bought a new GMOS-04 and swaped the circuit boards and returned it. :twisted:

Now i have to find another wire where i can get my power source from to feed the IR Reciver. ( maybe the ciggerette lighter wires) I probably wont do this until the summer time. I hate working on my car in the winter.

So, let me see if I have this straight. I need a WRI-P to give me IR remote functionality. According to the wiring instructions, I can plug my SWI-PS into the side of the WRI-P to keep my steering wheel controls. Finally, I need a CD-R510 remote to control the stereo and use the voice recognition function of the head unit. Does that sound about right?

My wife will be thrilled to hear that I'm spending more money on my truck! :lol:

Mike

Well I have that ability through my steering wheel controls through the PS module so I am good as far as that is concerned. I really only attempted this setup to see if the handsfree functions would work with the CD-SR1 I have had left over from when I had my D3. I am not interested in a hand held remote sense I have steering control over 98% of the unit now that I have the wireless ability.