AVIC411.com

AVIC F900BT - Continous Reboot

I have a F900BT upgraded to 3.01. 3.0 was done using the hacked version and the 3.01 was done using the update downloaded from Pioneer. I also used the hacked EZRider to load 2009.6 maps. Everything was working fine until 3 days ago.

3 days ago I had to drive to downtown Toronto where among the highrises its difficult to obtain a good GPS signal. The first sign of trouble was when I started the car and when the main menu came up, tried plotting a course home. The course was plotted, but the map screen was showing map of the destination. At that time, video was also being played with the output going to a root mounted player in the rear. After getting into the highway, I noticed that there were many things wrong with the device. The time was off, the map was not tracking - the screen was still showing the target map - the distance to destination seems to be off etc. After I got off of the highway, I pulled over to the side and reset the device. This time, it never came to the main screen. It will show the Pioneer splash screen for a few seconds and then reboot. This cycle repeats and the device never seem to boot up. And occassionaly it would come to the main screen, but there wont be any navigation. If you reset, 99% of the time, it would go into the reboot cycle.

I came home, tried to goto the testmode and the device wont even recognize the SD card!!! I searched around and found a solution here...

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... de#p163944

And on another thread I found the solution to this problem is to delete the 4 .bin files in the root of MyFlashDisk.

With the help of those two threads, I was able to get it back up and working. But the joy was shortlived.

Today, on my way back from the airport, I was playing music from my SD card and the screen was just showing the map screen without any navigation being done. Suddenly, I noticed that the music stopped and the screen appeared to be frozen. I touched the menu button and suddenly the screen started working again and music continued. Didnt pay any attention till I stopped at a gas station. When I restarted the car, the device went back to the reboot cycle !!! :roll: I came home, repeated the same steps I did two days ago and got the device to working again.

My concern is that since this happened twice already, will it happen again? I have a backup of the device with me and if I delete the content of MyFlashDisk and replace it with the back, would that help? Or is it a Windoze issue rather than the Pioneer software issue?

Please help...

• 3 weeks later...

Did you try the solution outlined in the link I posted? You need to keep pressing the EJECT button a few more seconds.

Couple of other things I noticed are 1) My MSN Direct subscription seems to have expired though I have a lifetime subscription :roll: and 2) The TTS feature is gone :?

• 4 months later...

It took me all day to do it, but I think I figured it out, Failer After Failer, andI finally made a break through........... :mrgreen:

LISTEN CAREFULLY!!!!!!!

1. Insert blank SD card into your hard drive computer

2. Access this website http://www.pioneer.com.au/Help%20Centre ... mware.aspx and input the version type etc of the unit mines the same as yours no different.. THE AVIC F900BT

3. Download the Zip file on to your computer, This will take about 10 mins, FOR some reason, its slow :twisted:

4. Unpack the files onto the default desktop folder..

5. LPUE080 is the folder you will copy to your SD card...

6. Put the SD Card into the AVIC F900BT slot, hit the restart button, if this fails, hold the restart button for 10 seconds at the same time press the eject button then release the restart button. DO NOT LET GO OF THE EJECT BUTTON TILL THE SYSTEM STARTS TO BOOT UP. lights will start to flash!!!! wait for a moment, it should access the SD card, if not then hit the restart button again, and it SHOULD DEFINATELY Work, but remember give it a min. DURING THE UPDATE DO NOT TURN OFF THE CAR ETC.. Chill out, wait ten min, it might stop at 1 second after update DONT BE ALARMED, just hit the restart button and VOLIA, its works.... its version 00.00900 I think so yea, but anyway im sleepy now. LEt me know if it works 8)