AVIC411.com

Rearview Camera Issue

This is a followup to my post, "just got my Z1 today" OK, finally got it installed by what was suppose to be a professional installer. I was having Ipod, Sirus, rear camera and bluetooth installed. first he told he couldn't install the Ipod and Sirus together,(had the wrong harness) and he also had a different way to perform a bypass. I had printed a copy of Ducatiboys bypass since my unit was built 10/06 and gave it to him. Long story short, I use the existing IP bus harness and installed sirus myself(it is working) I did Ducatiboys bypass ( grounding both wires) and the DVD player does not cut off now over 10 mph. But the rear camera only comes on after I first start the truck, there is no Pioneer boot screen, just a message that says about the rear camera view. After I shift into drive and go back into reverse I have no rear camera.

The big question is, Is there a setting I missed for the camera? Other than that I LOVE THIS SYSTEM!!!!

Are you saying that without shifting into reverse, when you turn on the car, it still shows you the image from the camera?

And when it's done and you shift into reverse then you get the reverse image but it's just black?

That's really weird. First you need to see where you tapped power off for the camera. If you shift into reverse and it's just black, then there is the correct signal to the Z1 saying you are in reverse, but no power to the camera itself.

Normally people have problems like this with shifting into reverse works, but while driving with the split screen (map and camera) it's just black. That's cause they tapped power off of the reverse light bulb instead of power with the key, there is only power when you are actually in reverse.

I have never heard of having power to the camera for the first 10 seconds, and then never after that. And also the Z1 is getting a message that you are in reverse when you first turn it on. I don't know why, but that's why you see the image and not the boot screen.

Something is wired weird and I would look at the reverse sense wire, and power to the camera.

You want the camera to get 12V+ while the key is in ACC and while the car is on, so tap into an ACC wire (you can share the one for the Z1).

The Z1 has a reverse gear sensor wire. I think its a purple wire with a white stripe if I remember correctly. This gets hooked up to the wire that gets 0V when not in reverse and 12V+ while in reverse. This wire is probably what it was hooked into.

I finally got my Z1 wired properly :D . Thanks to Sportsfan and Ducatiboy.

the rear camera was wired wrong. He did have the red wire to the reverse light and the purple wire to nothing. Its rewired and working great. ( in reverse and forward with rear view pressed). He also forgot to wire the illumation wire. That sucker is bright at night in day mode.

Next on the list is backgrounds and Voice commands

Thanks to all. I'am loving my Z1