AVIC411.com

Fade audio during navigation prompt?

Is there a way to configure this unit to fade the music when it is speaking navigation directions?

It is driving my NUTS having to choose just 1 volume. If I make it loud enough to hear over my music at a moderate volume, then it scares the crap out of me when it talks if I have been driving in silence. Conversely, if I set it at a pleasant level to speak to me during quiet driving, then I can't hear it at all if I decide to turn on some music.

An audio fade during navigation prompt is a NECESSITY to enjoy the unit without major usability issues. I really hope I am missing some setting here and Pioneer didn't cut out such a BASIC feature because this is an entry level unit... :|

Yes, if you have a manual look on page 105. You have choice of fade (attenuate) or mute.

If you're not the RTFM type, this is how:

• Hold the off button until the radio is off.
    Press and hold the center of the knob until the radio goes into "Initial Settings" mode.
    Turn knob until "Guidance" is displayed
    Press knob to select between "Normal", "ATT" (fade), or "mute".

Although I only tested it briefly, my experience with ATT is that it pauses the music during a navigation instruction rather than fading it out as you might expect (at least with an iPod playing). Personally I left it on "Normal" and cranked up the volume on the navigation instructions because I don't have any way of muting or fading passengers...

Although I only tested it briefly, my experience with ATT is that it pauses the music during a navigation instruction rather than fading it out as you might expect (at least with an iPod playing). Personally I left it on "Normal" and cranked up the volume on the navigation instructions because I don't have any way of muting or fading passengers...

Sounds like an interesting ride, iPod playing music, passengers talking away, and the Nav lady screaming out RIGHT TURN AHEAD. :lol:

If you select ATT, it reduces the volume of the music(does not pause the music), and that is what I have been using. Some people want it to pause music, but this only lowers the volume which I think is just fine.

I thought I remember it pausing my iPod. If it just decreases the volume of the music that'd be great. I'll check it again, thanks!