AVIC411.com

Jailbroken iPhone + TVOut

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I was using TVOut through the Pioneer iPod cable. The app to connect to my PC/Macbook Pro is called JaaduVNC but there are other (cheaper/free) VNC solutions out there. This was all done on 3G however (requiring the 3G Unrestrictor for the Slingbox).

I have not messed with any other "video out" apps besides TVOut, but man was it a pain to get the sizing/location of the screen/touchpad set up. For my iPhone 3GS with the Pioneer iPod cable my approximated TVOut settings are as follows: Screen Position - H: 85, V: -20, Screen Size - H: 1.5, V: 1.1, Touch Screen Calibration - HP: -50, VP: -92, HS: 0, VS -0.04.

The only major "flaw" is having to tap around on the iPhone screen while the "screen" of the iPhone is being displayed on the Z110BT. The "Touch Marker" option helps (displays red dot on Z110BT screen reflecting where your touch/tap on the iPhone screen has registered.

I wonder if the iPhone SDK can accept screen touch/tap info as "input" over the 30-pin iPod cable? If so, and if someone could hack the Z110BT to supply that info over the iPod cable then we'd really be in business (controlling the iPhone's graphical display via the Z110BT touch interface - albeit without "multitouch").

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I was using TVOut through the Pioneer iPod cable. The app to connect to my PC/Macbook Pro is called JaaduVNC but there are other (cheaper/free) VNC solutions out there. This was all done on 3G however (requiring the 3G Unrestrictor for the Slingbox).

I have not messed with any other "video out" apps besides TVOut, but man was it a pain to get the sizing/location of the screen/touchpad set up. For my iPhone 3GS with the Pioneer iPod cable my approximated TVOut settings are as follows: Screen Position - H: 85, V: -20, Screen Size - H: 1.5, V: 1.1, Touch Screen Calibration - HP: -50, VP: -92, HS: 0, VS -0.04.

The only major "flaw" is having to tap around on the iPhone screen while the "screen" of the iPhone is being displayed on the Z110BT. The "Touch Marker" option helps (displays red dot on Z110BT screen reflecting where your touch/tap on the iPhone screen has registered.

I wonder if the iPhone SDK can accept screen touch/tap info as "input" over the 30-pin iPod cable? If so, and if someone could hack the Z110BT to supply that info over the iPod cable then we'd really be in business (controlling the iPhone's graphical display via the Z110BT touch interface - albeit without "multitouch").

Thanks man....

Yes it doesn't work near as good as you did with your vid.... It definitely needs improvement... still cool as hell though...

It could possibly open up doors.... I like it...

I checked your other vids... It appears that your travel more than most...

Thanks again..

• 1 month later...

Has anyone gotten this to work running the slingbox app? When I launch the app on the phone (3Gs) the screen goes black as it should, but I'm only getting audio through the hu. When I press video through the iPod av screen it only gives me the options for my video playlists, music videos, tv shows, etc... but no video from the app.

On the LandscapeTVOut forums one user suggested changing the video layers, but hierachy layer = 1 should be the correct setting. Any ideas? Thanks.