AVIC411.com

New Bluetooth issues after firmware patch

New issues. If anyone else has experienced this and knows a fix please let me know.

I installed the firmware update recently and everything was fine for a couple of weeks. For the past two weeks though the unit has been periodically dropping the paired phone. In order for the unit to find the phone again I have to turn Bluetooth off and on for both devices. I suppose it could be an issue with the phone I am using, but given the issues the 310 has had with Bluetooth in the past I tend to think this is just another one.

It has also been forcing me to authorize the download of my contacts each time I turn the unit on.

My phone has never had bluetooth dropped (original iPhone). Seems like it is your unit, your phone, or maybe some combination thereof.

The only thing I can really think of is trying to move your phone closer to the U310 to minimize interference. Other than that I don't know. Sorry to hear about this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had this phone dropping connection with my samsung u470 phone. If I tapped the menu on the display it dropped connection, basically it dropped connection any time I tried to use the phone. Rather annoying to say the least and sometimes it worked ok, I've hit the reset on the face panel and same symptoms, tried menu reset didn't help. I now have removed the face , and disonnected the internal battery , and this has momentarily fixed this issue, of course time will tell. Yes I have updated to the latest firmware, and the phone worked ok till now, strange . Hopefully pulling the internal battery resets the internal logic and all will be well, stay tuned.