AVIC411.com

$140 in equipment just to get Sirius on Z110?

Unless I'm an idiot, I was just at Best Buy and realized that in addition to the $70 Pioneer Interface you also need another $70 Sirius tuner to get Sirius to work with the Z110. Is this correct? $140 out of the gate? I had a $75 gift card and was just gonna buy the Interface on a lark for my install and do a 30-day Sirius trial, but I can't really justify $140 in equip even if half is subsidized by a gift card.

Am I correct in thinking I need both of these pieces?

I've had both. Sirius sounded better in my car. Display is much nicer on XM. About 2/3 of the stations overlap now that the companies have merged so it really depends if you are looking for something in particular like Stern (sirius) or baseball (xm) or if you are looking for something else in particular and don't want to pay for one of the 'best of' packages

you can check out www.fatwallet.com and do a search for XM radio. if you work it right and get the right service rep, they will do $77 a year subscription. these companies are trying to add and keep as many customers as possible. i was paying $20 bucks a month for "best of" and called to cancel. the rep was quick to offer a reduced rate to keep me. i can only guess that it will work with new suscribers. give it a shot. i love my XM.