AVIC411.com

Ipod shuts off if I change song

Ok, I have the avicf90bt legit 3.0 and a apple composite cable as connection. I have an Iphone 3gs and it works flawless with the avic just no problems at all since I got the apple cable. However, I just got an ipod classic 160 gb and when I plug it up it works but if I try to change through the songs the avic just cuts it off and basically doesn't recognize it at all. The only way to get it back on is to plug the cable out then put it back into the ipod.

I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem and is there a fix. Again, the iphone works perfectly changing songs videos and all but on the ipod if I try changing through the songs it just shuts off

Restore the iPod and re-sync your content.

That worked for me but only for a day or so. It's worth a shot because it's easy but unfortunately it didn't stay fixed.

I had the same problem as you with my 80GB classic. I made the guess that the head unit was supplying low voltage to the ipod and that when it switched tracks the power demand was enough higher that it choked. So I bought a 2-into-1 usb cable and I now supplement the power to the ipod with a 12V to usb lighter adapter. Result: rock-solid performance from the ipod. Worked for me.