AVIC411.com

Please Help AvicF700BT not turning on

Hey Guys Thanks in advance for any help

Ive had my Avic F700 for about a year an a half now, i started up my vehicle the other day and the menu/map button lights up with no splash screen, after like 30 seconds the lights go off on the menu/map buttons and still blank screen it seems like the unit is dead after i push the reset button it does the same problem stated above.

any help is appricated

My unit seems to have a similar problem. Hitting reset will bring allow the unit to boot and run for maybe a minute sometimes, other times I’m just left with a black screen. The fan is always running, so I don’t think it’s a wiring issue. I can boot into test mode or the wince flash update screen, in either mode the unit will power off before I can do anything, usually about a minute. Any ideas?

I have a F500BT that was having a similar problem. I now think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to solve it. The problem on my unit was that it wasn't powering OFF. As a result the battery drained and the unit won't operate correctly or at all. I charged the battery in the house and brought the unit back to the car. It worked fine EXCEPT (and here us what I need help on) when I have a USB flash drive installed as a music source and turn off the ignition an error screen comes on probably because a USB device won't work w/o external power. The manual says the error message might be because the USB cable is shorted, but the device was working perfectly before I turned off the key. The unit is frozen with the error message on the screen. I have to power down the unit with its power button to get it to turn off and stop draining the battery. PS When I dont have the USB cable plugged in, the unit powers down correctly when the ignition is turned off. Does this problem ring a bell with anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Same exact thing happened to me after I had to have a dead battery replaced. It did not happen right after the battery was replaced. It happened two days later unexpectedly. Menu and map leds come on (very low) and I can hear the fan and perhaps the cd mechanism. No screen no power. Leds then go off and then nothing. If I reset the same thing happens over again. Took it in to place I had it installed and they could not figure it out. Fuses were all good. Its going in for repair.

I thought I was going crazy until I read all of the postings with the same exact issue. Mine also happened exactly one year after I had it installed. I gave up a long time ago trying to get answers from Pioneer. I am willing to present all of our posts to see if it will stir up something at Pioneer Technical. All of us cannot be crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

F-90BT, same issue just started today. I took it in for an oil change, and when I started it up, radio came on fine. About 1 minute later the unit reset, and the splash screen came up for about 20 seconds before the whole unit went dead. So far no resolution, but I'll post as soon as I find anything.