AVIC411.com

Here is the bluetooth fix my dealer received from his rep last Friday. Havent had a chacne to try it yet becuase my wife is still at work.

Admin Edit:

Download from Rapidshare

or

Download from Vijaja's Mirror

or

Download from SMinnTech (DucatiBoy's Site)

or

Download from BigFloppyDonkeyBalls.com (very good friend of Avic411)

or

Download from AVIC411

Please use rapidshare, SMinnTech or BigFloppyDonkeyBalls if possible to conserve Avic411's bandwidth. This is a 25MB file.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note. If you have a June 06 and older Z1 and you do this fix my flasher will no longer work. It upgrades the Z1's to the July 06 and later bypass.

AGAIN.... If you install this CD, my flasher circuit will no longer bypass the Z1. You will need to use the 07/06 Bypass (2 wire ground) listed here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

If you choose to install this CD.

You install this update AT YOUR OWN RISK!

You can continue to read through this thread for my problem I had installing this CD if you wish. I had problems. And I don't want any of you surprised to find out your flasher bypass no longer works.

I would recommend that you try the non-update first:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2450

Turn your cell phone speaker volume down to it's lowest setting (not the ringer volume, but the ear piece volume) before pairing your phone to the Z1. If it's already paired, you need to do a level 3 reset to get rid of your phone (see the manual for the level/mode 3 reset procedures and what you will keep and lose) before repairing it. This worked very well for me but not quite as well as the update.

I cant get the link to work it goes to some site that says I have to purchase the info what is the bluetooth problem is it the echo in the mic and what is the fix

You can get to it for free, but there is a waiting period and it's not really intuitive.

Ok, how about I'll waste some of my bandwidth:

http://www.sminntech.com/AvicBluetoothFix.zip

Note, I'm just reposting what LeonPhelps posted. I have NOT tried this yet, I have extracted the files and poked around in the iso. But I have not stuck this into my Z1 to see if it does anything. I'm not "endorsing it" just posting it on a site with "easier" downloading.

I will eventually try this with mine, but I want to do it when I have time to do the new 2 wire ground bypass.

Seems like the end of SMinntech :( I will post something on my site once I test this.

Oops Sorry

I had this update a couple of months ago, I have not been here for a few months.

Anyway, the update helps some. I can turn the volume up more before I get feedback.

I am not sure about the bypass, My original Z1 had a ducatiboy flasher circuit. That units motorized face had a bad accident and was replaced with a new unit, we will not get into the accident :evil:. I have not done the new bypass on this unit yet.

DTJ

BTW: hello and thanks for all the hard work ducatiboy

I cant get the link to work it goes to some site that says I have to purchase the info what is the bluetooth problem is it the echo in the mic and what is the fix

You can get to it for free, but there is a waiting period and it's not really intuitive.

Ok, how about I'll waste some of my bandwidth:

http://www.sminntech.com/AvicBluetoothFix.zip

Note, I'm just reposting what LeonPhelps posted. I have NOT tried this yet, I have extracted the files and poked around in the iso. But I have not stuck this into my Z1 to see if it does anything. I'm not "endorsing it" just posting it on a site with "easier" downloading.

I will eventually try this with mine, but I want to do it when I have time to do the new 2 wire ground bypass.

Seems like the end of SMinntech :( I will post something on my site once I test this.

Would it be a problem, if I left the "flasher" connected and than did the new bypass? I am assuming the map update in 07 will "fix" the flasher bypass as well. So I might as well fix my BT now and switch the bypass now also.

FWIW, I just installed my unit today. The build date is Sept, I think. When I tried installing the fix it said it was already installed. I wish I could let everyone know if the fix remedies the echo but I can't get my HTC S620 (T-Mobile Dash) to work with the AVIC yet.

Would it be a problem, if I left the "flasher" connected and than did the new bypass? I am assuming the map update in 07 will "fix" the flasher bypass as well. So I might as well fix my BT now and switch the bypass now also.

Nope it won't hurt anything. The only "negative" is that if the circuit ever did fail, the Z1 wouldn't dim when you turned the headlights on. But it would have done that anyway if it failed. But now, it won't hurt anything (as far as I know). I would hate to find out that if you tried flashing your lights, the Z1 would, on purpose, lock you out of stuff out of spite. But I doubt the pioneer engineers did something like that.

so this fix may just be a band aid for the problem as well since the update was said to already be installed on bfly's unit? Ill go try this right now and post back

I finally got my phone working with the Z1 (JETware Hands-free Extension was the problem). After pairing the phone I gave a friend of mine a call who is usually pretty critical about call quality. He said it sounded fine, no echo.

Set-up = Mic on the driver side a-pillar near the roof line and speaker only coming out of the driver side.

bfly, thats great, i was noting though that your unit did not take the update since it already had it, didnt it?

anyways, tried this update and...

1. Yes it does update... it goes through a double confirmation to ensure you want to update. It also mentions features will be disabled during the update, and then prompts to let you know that the features will be enabled after reboot.

2. YES it seems to improve the bluetooth piece, and its functionality. I placed a few calls to different people using different types of phones, such as cellular and land lines, and even voip. All of which yielded not one echo, not one complained until I raised the volume on the z1 phone volume to 80% or so, then they complained of echo. Keep in mind that is well over 3/4 the way up on the volume and is rather loud anyways.

3. Perhaps this fix has been available in newly manufactured units since bfly's unit woudnt take the update, and since its been said that this update has been out for a couple months already.

A bit more testing and testing from other people might help more, but it does look good thus far.

P.S. not sure if this is related but it seemed to improve the voice command part of the z1 also. For example, when dictating to the unit it seemed to respond more accurately.