AVIC411.com

I see it mentioned in the posts here a few times that people are testing the bluetooth echo issue by setting the volume for the phone call output to come out of a particular speaker.

Does this mean everytime a phone call comes in, you are going into your fade and balance settings to adjust to one speaker and then setting things back when done with the call?

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that allows you to direct the phone call output to come out of a single speaker, and when ending the call it goes back to what you set for sound output for music and such?

Also, a little off topic, but if I have my sound volume up around 20 or 22 for music and a call comes in, I can't lower my volume until the call is ended. This ends up with a muted background of music, that just isn't muted enough and makes the call hard to hear. Is there any way to adjust the muting level when a call comes in?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, a little off topic, but if I have my sound volume up around 20 or 22 for music and a call comes in, I can't lower my volume until the call is ended. This ends up with a muted background of music, that just isn't muted enough and makes the call hard to hear. Is there any way to adjust the muting level when a call comes in?

There is a setting to choose which speaker (front only) left or right or both for the phone to come out on. There is also a "mute" setting which, if I remember correctly, will offer the choice of -10db, -20db, and ALL. I have it set to all and the music being played is muted completely. I would have to do some digging in the manual to find the exact menus to adjust these settings, but I assure you they do exist.

Maybe if someone has a Z1 with the update and wants to rip the data from the hard drive to a ghost image, maybe I can try loading it from that.

I also have the ability to extract the CD image to my hard drive and see if it's easy to overwrite these files manually. That might work too.

UPDATE

I got a disk update to work. I did quite a lot, which none of it worked (manually loading the files one by one) but in the end what worked was extracting the ISO into files and burning another disk that I created with the files that came out of the ISO. Turns out it failed trying to copy this jpg file from the CD to the hard drive.

HITO1.JPG

Yah, I'm glad I got that file to install into my nav system. :)

Now why every single CD I burned (6 or 7 total) all had this same file defective in the burn I have no idea, but I checked in the computer and all my disks had a problem reading this file. I tried multiple downloads, from all 3 locations posted on post #1, and burned on 3 different brands on 3 different machines. Weird. What's weirder... why do I need an update of this picture? :D

Now my flasher does not work. I will do the 2 wire ground sometime tonight and update with my info.

I already did the update (see previous) and something strange happened today. Now mind you it's 14 degrees here in Chicago and don't know if that would make the unit act strange....

I started the car and low and behold the "Warning! parking brake blah blah" came up after the boot up! Again, I have an 7/06 unit bypassed via wires not circuit and I've never even seen this warning before. I checked the Hardware menu and connections and it stated the parking brake was ON, hmmm. So I'm driving checking the POI menu, phone menu, DVD playback and everythings still working as bypassed. I figured it would lock after some time but it didn't! After an hour of driving everything was still bypassed. I did this update the other night and just tonight the warning happened, meaning it didn't warn me the first day at all.

Do you think the update added a warning if the system detects it's bypassed this way or what? I've turned the radio on 3 times tonight sitting in my garage and the warning appears everytime. I just hope it doesn't lock me over time...I'll report back if anything changes. Very odd but for now just another OK button to press I guess, hopefully...

Do you think the update added a warning if the system detects it's bypassed this way or what? I've turned the radio on 3 times tonight sitting in my garage and the warning appears everytime. I just hope it doesn't lock me over time...I'll report back if anything changes. Very odd but for now just another OK button to press I guess, hopefully...

Try pressing the recessed reset button to the right of the eject button. That will get rid of the parking brake message unless the second wire in connector 2 stopped being grounded, then it will come back.

Try pressing the recessed reset button to the right of the eject button. That will get rid of the parking brake message unless the second wire in connector 2 stopped being grounded, then it will come back.

Didn't even think about it for some reason but it worked, no more warning message. Must have been a fluke with this freezing cold weather. Thanks Ducati as always.

Agreed, keep this thread to the topic. Take the drama to off topic.

Ducati - Did the reset twice and after about 2 minutes the warning came up again both times. My unit however is always bypassed and is never locked. After an hour of driving this morning still bypassed but still received the warning...

Ducati - Did the reset twice and after about 2 minutes the warning came up again both times. My unit however is always bypassed and is never locked. After an hour of driving this morning still bypassed but still received the warning...

How many miles are on this Z1? If this is a new Z1 (not many miles on it) I would imagine that the unit wouldn't be bypassed any more once it learns about it's motion. It should start locking you out of stuff after you are moving.

That doesn't make too much sense. I would think that your connector 2 wire has wiggled out or is not making good grounding contact.

UPDATE

I drove about 10 miles at 45mph this morning with a DVD playing (I didn't watch it or pay attention to it, it's honestly something I never do). But I wanted to make sure that the 2 wire ground was working and wouldn't pop up the parking brake message.

It did not pop up that message. It looks as if my old March 06 Z1 with the update disk DID kill the flash bypass (so out comes serial #1 of my circuit :cry: ). Bypassing the Z1 like I described in the 07/06 bypass DID work. At least for the 10 miles so far. I have a ton of miles under the belt of the Z1 and it seems to have all functionality.

If you guys get to 99% and get the error, I would recommend taking the ISO you download and try extracting the files to a directory and burning a cd with those files. It worked for me. I didn't try this, but I would bet if you got a failed disk, then ejected that disk and put in a new disk with out an error, it would pick up and work and not need to have the hard drive restored. I did the hard drive restore cause I had the ability to.

cntrylvr79, congrats on the 1000 club! Thanks for all the help you do around here. You are very appreciated.

UPDATE

...cntrylvr79, congrats on the 1000 club! Thanks for all the help you do around here. You are very appreciated.

No sir thank you. There you are at it again finding a way to get around pioneer's extreme need to screw over z1 owners. Ya know I find it interesting that pioneer screens are the hardest to get around the video lockouts.

How many miles are on this Z1? If this is a new Z1 (not many miles on it) I would imagine that the unit wouldn't be bypassed any more once it learns about it's motion. It should start locking you out of stuff after you are moving.

That doesn't make too much sense. I would think that your connector 2 wire has wiggled out or is not making good grounding contact.

Plenty of miles, about 4,000 and this is the first time it happened. No it sure doesn't make sense...I'll check the wires but you'd think it would or wouldn't lock out. The warning pops up but never locks...This isn't the first strange thing with this unit...

If you didn't notice, I pulled out the bickering about the ILL wire, lets keep it to bluetooth fix info in here please.

CHemi, very weird about the pop up message and the no lockouts. That doesn't happen with mine, but I only have about 20 miles on mine since the update. I would check the wires, the connector 2 one specifically.

I ordered my disc from Pioneer. It took some time on the phone. Everyone I spoke to new exactly what I was after but they weren’t the department to send it to me. So after being transferred around a few times I ended up getting the disc sent to me from the parts department.

One of the people I spoke to said the only thing this firmware upgrade is meant to fix is the echoing of the Bluetooth.

I should have mine in a week as it is being sent UPS ground. This was free. If you call Pioneer for the disc, you have to emphasis to the parts person that this is the firmware update not the map update for the AVIC Z1

I'm very interested in installing the new bluetooth fix, but been waiting to see how the testing shakes out. I have a March 6th unit also, but don't have the bybass installed. Using the lights flash when I want to bybass. Do you see any problem with this still working OK after the bluetooth fix installed.

If you apply the firmware fix then you will not be able to flash your lights and bypass the lock out.

You will need to ground the two wires to bypass the lockout. There are easy to find instructions posted.