AVIC411.com

Is it possible to boot testmode from usb?

I have a F500 and I will incorporate into the car, but unfortunately the reader SD will be hidden. Do not use the DS at all, only to modify and update my Avic.

I have two options. One is to weld a SD reader in parallel to the central plate (Hard work and dangerous), or try to boot from USB, with USB flash memory or external SD reader.

I tested the external reader connected to USB and reads it, but it gives an error about not finding the file Copytool.exe, and it really is, since it is the same card that now use SD reader in the device.

Can we do something about it?

If so, would the hidden built-in SD reader, because I do not need for anything else.

Thank you. :wink:

Oh, fantastic. You can not imagine the trouble I've taken. Now I dont have to solder on the motherboard or integrate an external drive in my car ...

What exactly changed in this version testmode to normal? Some file?

But I've seen it only works if I put a USB SD card reader. If I put a flash drive does not work, start the Avic normally. Strange, no?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what's different in the USB testmode file....

I'm able to boot from a 2 GB and an 8 GB flash drive connected to the ipod charging cable with no problem.

When you try to boot from a flash drive and can't get into testmode, is this happening with the files i uploaded for you, or did this happen in the past? :?:

I have to say thanks for this.

I have an european AVIC F710BT and I ... Brik'd It ... then saved it thanks to the usb testmode.

What I did:

Following the guide for the 900 posted here:http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30637&p=207335&hilit=spr_Compass#p207335 , I tried the hack for quick delete route, and did a few other modifications for I expected them to skip the Safety Warning message.

But, I either did a mistake at some step, either the mod is not compatible with AVIC F710BT with my firmware 3.020200.

Then it was quite a mess:

> no navigation

> System loading waiting message for 5 minutes then reboot (that sucks)

> Little windows CE windows for one second saying "database not found" or something like that

> No SD card support (not detected for music, tesmode don't work anymore on the SD Card :( )

> No Usb support (detected but empty when searching for music or vids)

> No tel support

I however still had access to config and FM radio ..

I first tried to boot on testmode from the SD CARD > Failed

I then tried to update firmware with pionner downloaded stuff , either with USB or SD > Failed

I tried to reset and retry testmode and update> Failed

I tried to reset to factory setting and retry testmode and update > Failed

At that point I was stuck with a brick'd, non-functionnal / half functionnal Nav system.

However I found out your post and gave a try to testmode from USB , I could access winCE and solve the shit.

Wanted to post about it just in case it happen's to someone. Hoping this solution will be a good workaround for them also