AVIC411.com

Avic-f700... a couple questions

I just recently purchased and installed an AVIC-f700 and i have a couple questions about a few quirks that it has. first off when i put music onto my flash drive from itunes it shows up correctly on the flash drive hardware on the computer, it says i have 250 songs... which i do, but when i plug it into my head unit it shows that i have 500 songs. the problem is that the first 250 wont play. when i plug it in it says "unplayable files will be skipped" and it shows that for like 3 minutes. Also the first 250 song files look different, for example if the song is coming undone it looks like this

._02 coming undone <-------- will not play that file

02 coming undone <-------- will play that one

does anyone know why it shows double the songs on the flash but wont play the messed up looking ones? i have a mac and all my songs are in m4p file type because its all on itunes.

has anyone else had this problem? thanks for the help.

The quickest fix I know of would be to copy your music files to a PC. Format your flash disk to FAT32 and copy them back. I'm sure there's probably a way to correct the files on your MAC, but don't know for sure myself. I have a friend that borrows my flash drive and plugs it into her MAC and it always comes back with those funky MAC files on it.