AVIC411.com

How often is it the flex cable?

A while back my AVIC N1's screen just went black. When I touch the screen it still makes sounds like it working, but I can see nothing.

I have done a lot of research and found that many people blame the flex cable for this.

I know there is a guy on Ebay who fixes it, and I even took it to my local stereo repait (who quoted me $300. haha).

So my question is how often is it really the flex cable for this problem.

Is the flex cable fairly easy to switch out?

I don't see anything wrong in your pictures either. But I understand that even though the flex cable might not be cracked, one (or more) of the filaments running inside the flex cable might.

I dont wanna preach but since youre familiar with opening the unit, why not spend the $38 to see if it would work, and possibly save u the $300 charge? (I believe Pioneer itself chargers $250)

ok guys, I just ordered the part, so I should get it early next week.

Thanks for your help!!

One last thing though, I manually slid the screen a little bit while taking the unit apart, maybe just about 1/2 and inch, you think it will be ok?

Should I force it back in, or just leave it?

Thanks again!

Forcing parts that don't want to be moved is usually not a good idea.

And yeah you can almost never tell if those kinds of cables are broken. They posed to be a pain in the ass when I was repairing PS2s. Theres several of them that could cause problems, and I usually ended up breaking them anyway because they're so fragile.