AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty kewl...

Although, like the previous Z's.... I figure the Z120BT will sport the same hardware with a software tweak to include the Pandora and Cube thing-a-ma-jigs...

Available as an upgrade disk(for us 110BT) via Pioneer for a price...

[edit]^^^^ I called it a Cube... when in fact it's called Music Sphere :?

HOLLY SHIT the Z120BT hasn't been announced yet so that should not have been on the site to where anyone could access it. I downloaded it and will be posting it here in case they realize it and pull it. GREAT FIND.

Yea i was pretty excited i found this. cant say ive ever been the first to find anything before. It took me a while to finally find it.

I also saved a PDF copy before i posted...just incase pioneer yanked it. :-)

Looks like its the Z120 and X920, not 9120. Wish they would've spent more time improving the nav instead of cluttering it up more with the fuel economy thingy

Type-o... My bad...

Trying to do a little digging on my own...

Looks like this site made a boo-boo, in which must have gotten Pioneer's attention...

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2010/02 ... t-support/

This post previously referred to the AVIC-Z120BT. However, Pioneer’s Corporate Communications department informed us that the unit that passed through the FCC is actually the AVIC-X920BT, which was introduced at CES on January 6. References to the AVIC-Z120BT in this post have therefore been replaced with the AVIC-X920BT.

Clearly since both models are sharing the manual they will have same functionality.

I did a quick search for any mentions of one unit being able to do something the other unit cant.

I searched "avic-z120BT only" and these are the things that the X920BT can't do:

1. Adjusting the LCD Panel Angle

2. Setting the detailed City Map - You can select whether to display city maps in certain metropolitian areas. The city map is displayed when the map scale is .05miles (50meters) or less.

3. Displaying 3D Landmarks

4. Selecting the video for rear display

I like the use of flicking for the menu scrolling. The refreshed XM interface is welcome too. However, how many years am I going to have to wait until I can locate a POI along route? Seriously, I used a $100 GPS in my rental car while on vaca in FL this past Christmas and that thing had a LOT of nice features that the Z doesn't have. Like finding POIs that are specifically right off of exits, in my direction, etc. I'm happy to hear that us Z110 owners will most likely get this new software, but their flagship NAVIGATION unit should be a bit more robust for the navi part.

I agree, thats the one thing I miss about my F-series. Seems like they need to hire more talented programmers that can figure out how to make it happen on the Z. The phone number lookup and branded POI icons they had about five years ago would be a nice touch too. (Gas mileage and an alert when I accelerate quickly...not so much!)

I like the use of flicking for the menu scrolling. The refreshed XM interface is welcome too. However, how many years am I going to have to wait until I can locate a POI along route? Seriously, I used a $100 GPS in my rental car while on vaca in FL this past Christmas and that thing had a LOT of nice features that the Z doesn't have. Like finding POIs that are specifically right off of exits, in my direction, etc. I'm happy to hear that us Z110 owners will most likely get this new software, but their flagship NAVIGATION unit should be a bit more robust for the navi part.