AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cameltowing, I actually found the link last night. I do have some new info to add to this thread tho:

I went to my installer and got some more important info. When I was there the Pioneer rep showed up and I rung a pile of questions off of him. I specifically asked him about my idea of getting a Z110BT and upgrading it to Z120BT status. He said, yes, all the new features will be added BUT there will still be noticeable difference between the two units. The reason is because the X920BT and Z120BT will both have more RAM memory making them much faster and smoother operation. He didn't know about RDS then but he said he was going to try to find out for me and my installer will get back to me later today. I witnessed, finally, exactly how the RDS function works on the Z110BT while I was there too. It only works if the station broadcasting the info sends all its info on the PS line (ie. along with its station call name) and does not have any radio text functionality. I have only one station that does it that way up here and I don't listen to it much. I am really hoping that the answer I get later today is a good one (ie. them improving the RDS functionality to something like that of the new AVH series of dvds) but I am not holding my breath. I have decided on the X920BT because of costs. The extra features the new Z will have just aren't going to be missed much by me with my setup and the extra costs of the new Z taken into account. Of course, I might change my mind again tomorrow too. lol

I went to my installer and got some more important info. When I was there the Pioneer rep showed up and I rung a pile of questions off of him. I specifically asked him about my idea of getting a Z110BT and upgrading it to Z120BT status. He said, yes, all the new features will be added BUT there will still be noticeable difference between the two units. The reason is because the X920BT and Z120BT will both have more RAM memory making them much faster and smoother operation.

I dont believe this to be true. The 110BT has a very smooth operation as is and I cant see it being improved by adding RAM. The changes being made to the software just really are not that significant to require a hardware change. This wouldn't be the first time a rep blew smoke to influence someone to buy the new unit being released. We will see but I don't think there will be any noticeable difference between the two units side by side once they are running the same software.

It will be interesting to monitor once these units start actually arriving for us. That would be around a month from now. I know I am interested anyways. I will wait it out personally and see for myself. I have lived this long with my Kenwood and I can wait a little longer so as to hopefully not make another mistake.

Woah, gotta love that leak.

I'm LOVING the new left side audio interface...

Yea me too. its certainly an improvement on the current AV screen.

I'm wondering if we'll get that with the upgrade... Or if even the 120BT will get that...

It would be bad if people upgraded, and turned around and ended up not liking it... How would you downgrade if that was the case? I could see them adding the Pandora and Sphere though....

I dunno... hopefully it'll be better... and if it is better, then hopefully they'll include it in the update...

I do know that about my only complaint with this unit is the lack of Vehicle Dynamics screen, and the hoops you have to jump through to change view modes(2D,3D, rear View)... Which was a 2 button press in the older Z's... now it's like a 4-5 button press....

If it could at least be set in the shortcuts... that would rock

Woah, gotta love that leak.

I'm LOVING the new left side audio interface...

Yea me too. its certainly an improvement on the current AV screen.

I'm wondering if we'll get that with the upgrade... Or if even the 120BT will get that...

It would be bad if people upgraded, and turned around and ended up not liking it... How would you downgrade if that was the case? I could see them adding the Pandora and Sphere though....

I dunno... hopefully it'll be better... and if it is better, then hopefully they'll include it in the update...

I do know that about my only complaint with this unit is the lack of Vehicle Dynamics screen, and the hoops you have to jump through to change view modes(2D,3D, rear View)... Which was a 2 button press in the older Z's... now it's like a 4-5 button press....

If it could at least be set in the shortcuts... that would rock

They need to change the AM/FM presets so they are large buttons. This will make it easier to change a station while driving. Now it is in list format which only displays I believe 7 presets in a list of narrow graphic entries that are difficult to select. There is so much wated realestate on the screen. Spread out the buttons; you will have room for 20 presets on one screen and buttons that are easier to press.

We are going to get all of that stuff with the upgrade as it is detailed in the manual. And yes, you can add map view mode as a shortcut with the new software.

What page do you see this on? I looked through the Z120 manual and P.160 is where all the shortcut options are. I don't see map view listed. I hope for all our sake that it IS an option. Though, I still can't get over the lack of finding POI on route or off exits.

For what it's worth our Pioneer rep said changes are just going to be software and both new units will probably ship in May (X920 and Z120).

So there won't be a faster processor in the new one?

That would definitely confirm the new software loaded onto the Z110 will be just as fast and make it identical to the Z120.