AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to update: I installed the Kenwood 6960 last night and brought it back today. The Garmin was great, but the multimedia and menu system were just as crappy and clunky as they were 2 years ago. Actually a bit worse in some ways. Just horrible actually. And all three "skins" look like ass. I would have gladly demoed the unit on a wall in a shop first but not one of 10 big car audio sellers in my area even had any Kenwood navs on their walls. Just a couple of X series from Pioneer and a bunch of DVD double din head units.

I'm sticking with the Z for the time being, but I would have no problem going back to an X or F series in a heartbeat. Still thinkin' about it.

EDIT: VBlue, how often has your iPod dropped? Also, what kind of iPod are you using. The iPod that I have that used to drop about 10-15% of the time is a 30GB iPod Video 5.5G. That's really what is holding me back at this point I think. The Z has never required me to have to open my glove box and fumble with wires while driving.

I think the only unit that might offer you satisfaction is the 9960. The apparently changed the entire AV interface and it appears to have a lot better Garmin software this time. Who knows weather it will actually work as it suppose to though.

I think the only unit that might offer you satisfaction is the 9960. The apparently changed the entire AV interface and it appears to have a lot better Garmin software this time. Who knows weather it will actually work as it suppose to though.

I actually have all the dealer literature for the 2010 Kenwoods given to me by one of the many shops I visited. The 9960 does look a LOT better and has coverflow, etc, but the street price of that unit is probably going to be somewhere around $1700 with an MSRP of $2000. A bit too much for me.

At this point I expected to be gushing to everyone why they must have a Z... now instead, I'm trying to convince myself to not ditch it myself. Pretty disappointing. Expected a much higher level of satisfaction from Pioneer's "flagship" unit.

I long for the days when my D3 was the shiznit.

VBLUE42, just to confirm.... I'm about to dive into the X mods on the forum, but that will take me hours. I have a couple quick questions:

I can't seem to find my way to a manual for the X920.

1. The X910 is the last unit made that supports modification, and the new Z110, Z120, and X920 run the same crappy nav software, right? I would confirm myself on the 920 but can't find the user manual @ pioneer com.

2. Also, if the F910 has dual zone video, is there no hack for the x910 to do the same if they are the same unit? Sounds like software.

That's not a big deal, as I can run a media player if needed.

Basically, I'm about to buy a X910 unit unless the new X920 has the search POI along route function. Otherwise, X910 it is.

Thanks all for those who posted answers for me.

What do you mean you cant find the manual? The name of this thread is New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!! Everything you need to know about what the unit is going to offer is in that manual. Anyway, there is not dual zone on any current Pioneer nav unit except the Z series. The F910BT is the EU version of the X910BT and also has no dual zone. The hacks for the F/X series only pertain to the navi software. There are no hacks for the AV software. So the answer to your question is no. There will be no dual zone on the X series.

I should have been clearer. My mind is moving faster than my typing....

I read a couple blurbs on this forum that Pioneer, or another company, made a mistake in releasing the dual X920/Z120 manual, and this one wasn't the *official* manual.... and might not accurately reflect what was really going on in the unit/s. I should have been clearer.

I went to Pioneer hoping they would have the *official* X920 manual listed there right on the X920 page as this unit is out, or nearly out, but not so.....

So my bad.

Also, thanks for the info.

I've decided to buy the X910 and a good media player, as I read the X910 makes you burn certain video files to DVD to play them, and I'd really like to never burn a DVD again, ever. Plus, I'd like NAV and video at the same time. This will allow me to stick with Pioneer, too. Yay!

Time to put the Z3 up on eBay.

I guess this means my wife's brand spank me new Z110 is going up on eBay, too. Wish I had more free time to do homework before I bought the unit.

Thanks to all who posted help.

Based on the manuals that have been leaked of the new units it doesn't appear anything will change for the navi.

Oddly enough.. I saw that the newer 120BT didn't mention a file size restriction on USB... versus the 110BT(16GB)....

I think that was the only difference I saw...