AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

The Z1,2, and 3 were all the same hardware with a different disk. So were the D1/2. So were the N2/3 and then so were the N4/5. There is a theme here :D

argh....6ave has the Z110 for $740 shipped after rebate and coupon code. So tempting....to chicken to buy it wihtout knowing the Z120 upgrade disc will infact upgrade the Z110
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

argh....6ave has the Z110 for $740 shipped after rebate and coupon code. So tempting....to chicken to buy it wihtout knowing the Z120 upgrade disc will infact upgrade the Z110

Well you will miss out on paying as little as possible for what will give you a 120. Its up to you but what we are telling you is a sure thing. You will pay around 1500+ for a 120 when they ship.

The Z1,2, and 3 were all the same hardware with a different disk. So were the D1/2. So were the N2/3 and then so were the N4/5. There is a theme here :D

how drastic were the software changes in those old models?

I'm not familiar with the models but seems like the main difference between z110 and z120 just seems to be the music sphere thing right? If thats all it is...then i might as well get the Z110 and not care if it can upgrade or not as long as other features are the same....esp when it comes to ipod integration and navigation (those are the two things that are personally most important to me, might not be same for others)

I'm not familiar with the models but seems like the main difference between z110 and z120 just seems to be the music sphere thing right? If thats all it is...then i might as well get the Z110 and not care if it can upgrade or not as long as other features are the same....esp when it comes to ipod integration and navigation (those are the two things that are personally most important to me, might not be same for others)

I can't speak for the other models, but with the Z1-2-3, there were very little notable differences in the software. Actually.... thinking about it, I could not think a single thing that I noticed between them...

Although, there were some small bugs/patches in them... BT echo, and upping the fan speed to run cooler...

The 110>120 upgrade would be the biggest upgrade I've seen yet.... You get two new added features, Music Sphere and the Eco radar looking thing-a-ma-jig.... And the entire layout(GUI) get's revamped :shock: I'm sure there will be a couple of fixed bugs in there as well...

I can't speak for the other models, but with the Z1-2-3, there were very little notable differences in the software. Actually.... thinking about it, I could not think a single thing that I noticed between them...

Although, there were some small bugs/patches in them... BT echo, and upping the fan speed to run cooler...

The 110>120 upgrade would be the biggest upgrade I've seen yet.... You get two new added features, Music Sphere and the Eco radar looking thing-a-ma-jig.... And the entire layout(GUI) get's revamped :shock: I'm sure there will be a couple of fixed bugs in there as well...

If they DO revamp the unit that much I would actually be willing to pay for an update, instead of just donating bandwidth to garrettoomey's Z1/2/3 images :twisted:

Hey there,

In Canada, the AVIC-X920BT will be released 2nd week of April, 2010. I downloaded the manual and it seems the X920BT and the Z120BT share almost identical features.

However, what I couldn't find was the overall feature differences between the new X920BT and current Z110BT. Many people on here state that there are several NAV features missing on the X920BT but I cannot find this comparison list anywhere. I even called Pioneer Canada... what a mistake.

Can someone on here provide the complete list of differences between the AVIC-X920BT and the current AVIC-Z110BT.

Thanks in advance.

D.

Ya, as mentioned before, difference look like music sphere, eco-crap, and a completely new a/v interface that includes Pandora (to match the x920.)

Passed upgrades were pretty minor...for some it was just a nav update and xm upgrade. Others were just better ipod interface and more POI. etc

There will be no navi software difference between what the 110 has now and what the 920 and 120 will have.

Thanks for the reply.. AND thanks for posting those video demos! Really helps. The hands-free portion of the Z110BT is really slick. Will the X920 and Z120 be identical to this as well?

D.

There will be no navi software difference between what the 110 has now and what the 920 and 120 will have.

Thanks for the reply.. AND thanks for posting those video demos! Really helps. The hands-free portion of the Z110BT is really slick. Will the X920 and Z120 be identical to this as well?

D.

According to the manuals that have been leaked, yes. The hands free interface will be the same.

I'm not so concerned about an upgraded audio interface, and I already stream Pandora from my iPhone. I have no idea what the Music Sphere thing will be and am sure that I will NEVER use the Eco feature.

I've only been using the Z110 for about a month, but the one thing I've been praying for from the very first use, is useful, up to date maps.

It boggles my mind that a new flagship model can have such out of date maps. There are times I just have to laugh out loud at how bad the maps are in this system. My neighborhood is newer but has been here for more than 5 years, yet my entire street is missing from the map, and some of the cross streets are either missing entirely or have a few blocks of them missing.

The other day I was driving in South Seattle and turned onto a major street that has been there for easily 50+ years, but as I turned onto the road the map showed that I was no longer driving on a road, there was just nothing there. A few blocks later, the map finally showed me driving on the road again.

The most frustrating part is that I've used a number of nav systems (a couple older Kenwoods, some $150 Garmin units, and a few cell phones) and not had this problem with any of them.

The Z120 upgrades would be nice, but PLEASE GIVE ME MAPS THAT HAVE ALL THE STREETS ON THEM!!!

The nav portion is a major disappointment on an otherwise very nice system.

As has been stated many times before. This is a problem with every nav system sold today. Some are better then others in this regard, but you are never going to get a nav system that has every road in this country on it. You are dealing with a huge obstacle to over come here. This is a big country and mistakes in the mapping are going to be made. You get the same issue with old school paper maps as well. At some point, I am sure most of the road errors with nav systems will be ironed out. But for now, this is the reality.