AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

And if you find an error, report it to TeleAtlas, or it may never get fixed because they may not know about it.

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

Awesome! I just submitted a couple errors to them, and have a couple more to send.

I agree with you VBLUE42 - No system is perfect, but I think the Pioneer comes very close in almost every way. Overall I like it more than my last unit (Kenwood DNX8120), and I loved that unit.

My frustration comes from spending $1000 on a flagship unit that is superior to most all-in-one units out there, but for some reason the nav portion feels outclassed by even cheap hand-held nav units. This should not be the case.

I guess my frustrations are with TeleAtlas because I've used a number of Garmin based units the past few years and the streets that I find missing on the Z110 have shown up on their maps.

Besides the maps, I love the Z110! and will keep submitting errors to Teleatlas every time I find one.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CamelTowing, great tip on submitting missing addresses to TeleAtlas! Finally, I may be able to have my new house listed on a GPS!

I have decided to get the AVIC-X920BT. I kinda like the buttons on the left side because it will make my dash look more "factory" (if that makes sense to you). I also like the slot-load on the top of the unit vs. the mechanical flip down face. I know I'm in the minority on this one but everyone is different.

This unit will be slightly more money than the 110BT but will have the new features and I don't want to wait for the 120BT (which looks to be almost identical to the 920BT). Perfect.

By the way, the info on this site is amazing! I already downloaded a ton of splash screens (and I don't even have the unit yet) and there is no way I could have decided on the right unit if you guys (especially VBLUE) didn't provide all the necessary details.

Thanks again.

D.

I got e-mail confirmation message from TeleAtlas a few hours after I submitted two errors to them.

They sent me a link to a status page that acknowledged that they received my error report, they see the problems, and are working on it.

They also mentioned:

Tele Atlas makes updates to its maps every day, but it takes time for those changes to show up in our partners' products. Once the Map Insight Status Page indicates that your issue has been addressed at Tele Atlas, please contact your application provider to learn when the update will be available for your device or application.

Hopefully these changes show up on the 2011 maps.

• 2 weeks later...

For those wondering about the Z110 ipod interface, here are my observations after installing mine last week:

It is everything it should be using my 30GB ipod video. The Ipod interface for the Z2 I just replaced was terrible. It took forever to scroll and was very slow. The Z110 interface is very fast and has no lag on music. There is a slight lag on loading the videos, maybe a second. The menu is very intuitive for me. I don't have a touch or iphone yet. Maybe the music sphere thing will be cool, maybe not, but I didn't hesitate to get the Z110 now for the discounted price. If I can upgrade later all the better, but if not I'm satisfied with what I have.

From looking at the new manuals, is the iPod interface going to change with the 120bt? That is, it looks like the scroll wheel is going away (apparently it does not work just like a scroll wheel on an iPod, as it does not control volume or allow you to fast forward by running your finger around the wheel?). Is that right? Will the source be controlled by the touch screen buttons on the left side of the screen?

Is there any delay in the artwork loading? There seems to be some possible problems with that on the new Kenwood 9960, although the reports by different posters differs on that.

Well if it details its going to change in the manual I would expect that will be the case. Currently on the 110, there is about a 3-4 second delay of the album art refresh when you skip tracks but it has no effect on the interface. The 9960's iPod interface is excellent and is just as snappy as the Pioneer interface once the unit has had a chance to fully read the iPod. The 110 has a similar bottleneck when the unit is first cataloging the iPod the first time you plug it in as well.

• 2 weeks later...