AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the manual still references MSN direct. I suppose this is good news and bad news all at the same time.

The bad news is that MSN direct service will be discontinued in a couple years.

The good news is that is sort of confirms that the updated software will be available for the z110 and was included to be backwards compatible for everyone who currently owns a z110/MSN tuner combo. :D

I guess it also means that there is no alternative to the MSN tuner right now :( Perhaps the update next year will allow us to take advantage of the data connection in our phones to get the information that MSN Direct currently provides, similar to the way the Ford SYNC system operates. After all SYNC was designed by Microsoft.

Perhaps the update next year will allow us to take advantage of the data connection in our phones to get the information that MSN Direct currently provides, similar to the way the Ford SYNC system operates. After all SYNC was designed by Microsoft.

I don't understand why we can't currently use Sirius/XM (Travel Link) for this.... Like the Ford Sync uses... Pretty slick stuff I think...

That would be an interesting turn of events. All of us still using the navtraffic XM tuner already have the hardware for navteq traffic in our cars, but they took the damn data cable connection off the Z-series that would enable it work. Doh!

Navteq traffic may also be an option. It will only require a different tuner to use a different service. I don't think there is any thing to worry about.
I don't understand why we can't currently use Sirius/XM (Travel Link) for this.... Like the Ford Sync uses... Pretty slick stuff I think...

I did read a really old (2007) press release that indicates some Ford vehicles will use the Sirius/XM travel link in its 2009 model year Lincoln's but the current information seems to be different.

I also ran into an article that says the 2009 F-150 does have the Sirius Travel Link feature. However the article is from January 2008 http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/2009- ... -link.html

It's a little confusing.

The current information @ http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/F ... uestion422

seems to indicate that SYNC uses your cellular phone's data and text messaging features to access traffic and other data

"Does Traffic, Directions and Information affect my text messaging or other phone charges on my mobile phone?

Message and Data Rates May Apply.

If you elect to receive traffic alerts via text message to your mobile phone, you'll receive text messages* for each traffic alert that is sent to your mobile phone.

Additionally, SYNC uses your paired and connected mobile phone to connect to Traffic, Directions and information.

During this time, you'll accrue airtime charges for the minutes you're connected to Traffic, Directions and Information."

My old man just bought a 2010 F150 Platinum.... It's using Travel Link....

It really is pretty slick.... I don't believe it uses your cell phone for traffic and weather... I believe that's all handled through sat....

I think they may have a service to send you weather/traffic updates via txt messages...

Only time will time what traffic service pioneer will get...... I think the SIRIUS Travel Link is only exclusive to Ford right now. By the time MSN Direct expires maybe it will be available to the AVIC Systems

Here is the Link http://www.sirius.com/travellink for the Sirius Travel Link :lol:

Don't see why Pioneer can't use it now.... I don't think Sirius is bound to any single manufacturer...

Having said that... I find it pretty interesting, just how similar the Ford's Nav is to the Z110BT...

I keep hearing about these updates that were around for the Z1 that make it a Z2 and then a Z3 and that the Z110BT will have such an update available to make it a Z120BT later this year. My question is where does one get these updates from? Can someone post a link to where these updates are gotten from (ie. downloaded or ordered from). I am just really skeptical that the Z110BT will be able to have all the new stuff that are to be in the X920BT/Z120BT. I have been burned before and will not risk something like this on such an expensive piece. I just wish I knew 100% that this was going to be the case. I am likely going to wait until the X920BT comes out and grab that if I can get a good price on one that is. That was my plan all along but I keep thinking that I could have the Z120BT for less costs than that if I were to grab the Z110BT now at a hugely discounted rate and grab the update when it is available. What to do? What to do. I still wish they were going with the same RDS radio tuner from the new AVH series in these new units but that is another story all together. A part of me still thinks the HD tuner would give me the same info but I have read that is not the case with only analog stations in Canada. I guess I have another question then. Anyone have info on this or even better a video of it in action?

The previous Z series upgrades from one unit to another were always included with that years map upgrades for that series. Its not really that big of a stretch that the 110 will be upgraded to the 120 as all the new features in the 120 are merely software features. The upgrade will likely be announced once the 120 is officially be announced or some time after.