AVIC411.com

Source changes on startup

Hi Everyone,

Just got my unit installed with SWI-PS for the steering wheel controls. When I turn the car on the unit begins to boot. I hear audio start on one source and then 1-2 seconds later it switches to another. Usually AM and an all static station! I've been searching on here but can't seem to find any post with a similar issue.

Does anyone know what this may be?

Thanks! :)

Well I know that sometimes my sources change. But I know why.

For instance, I have Sirius and if that's playing during bootup it sometimes switches to my iPod. This is the reason: My iPod shut off completely so when I start the AVIC unit it powers the iPod back up. The AVIC automatically switches to the newly "connected" source.

Don't know why yours is switching to AM unless whatever source your on is getting disconnected mid boot-up somehow.

For instance, I have Sirius and if that's playing during bootup it sometimes switches to my iPod. This is the reason: My iPod shut off completely so when I start the AVIC unit it powers the iPod back up. The AVIC automatically switches to the newly "connected" source.

That is not normal for an iPod to do that unless the battery is toast. Remove the iPod from the chain and see if the unit still switches sources when you power it up.

• 2 weeks later...

That is not normal for an iPod to do that unless the battery is toast. Remove the iPod from the chain and see if the unit still switches sources when you power it up.

No it doesn't. I already knew that and that I didnt have a problem. LOL just trying to offer him so advice to try.

Well what I am trying to tell you is that the iPod is not suppose to do that. It will only do that if the battery is dying and it causes the iPod to completely power off while the car is idle. The iPod never actually turns off. It only goes into a deep sleep mode.