AVIC411.com

Startup message and continual reboot!!!

I have been using my AVIC F700bt for 1 1/2 years. Sometimes while driving it would crash suddenly, but not too often. Anyways, the last 3 weeks a message has been appearing "system startup in progress...please wait". It NEVER goes away. I can't access the map at all. I can only go to AM/FM, but after 1 minute the unit REBOOTS. The process will repeat over and over again. I called Pioneer and they said it's because of the parking brake bypass. They said the software caught up with it. They told me to take the unit out so it has no power, fix the wiring and put it back. I didn't even know the installer bypassed the parking brake. So I took the unit out, and cut the mute wire, and put the unit back in. But it's the same problem. Should I send it to pioneer to fix ($70) ????

What is the correct way of wiring the Mute anyways? I know it has to go in the first pin, but where does the end go? To the parking brake?

• 2 weeks later...

This just started doing the same thing for me. It constantly reboots but never gets the passed the start up screen. It just started doing this the other day. I have tried using the paper clip and reseting the machine but to no avail. The only thing I know I have done differently is that I tried (ineffictively) to upload contacts via the AVIC Feeds via CSV file and it never working (b/c someone here saud it can only take a max of 100 contacts).

Anybody solve this problem (the constant rebot)?

I had the same problem – fixed it by:

- Start System in testmode.

- I have iGo installed: Deleted the files located in 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGo/save'

- Deleted: 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/SETUP'

- Rebooted the unit - reset initially to what looked like a factory default setting… had to select English, etc. There were 20 files and folders in the iGo folder, 5 in the SETUP. Seemed to hang up longer than normal during the boot process but finally “came to” without the system startup message (realistically 1 minute). I hit the map button and all of my mods were still in. The only thing I really had to re-do was adding my boot screen back and resetting some EQ stuff, otherwise it so far appears that everything is ok.

I actually suckered out. I just sent it to Pioneer this morning. They said it likely will be covered under the Warranty.

Before I called Pioneer I called a custom car stereo shop up in Valencia, CA. The dude said, as of late, more and more avic 700bt people have been coming back in lately complaining of the same problem. Only until recently did this kind of stuff happening, the dude said. He also said, he tried to get the "fix" from Pioneer, but they said no - and mentioned "likely b/c they want to keep it under wraps so only they can fix it." So, that is what I did. I'll let you all know how it went after 7 or so days (so they say)... If for some reason I get laxy, hit me back up in a week and a half and should have a result by then,

Also, the car stereo dude also mentioned that I get the F series upgrade. He said, it makes the F Series into the X Series (I thought he said). He said Pioneer now charges 125 for it, but use to run a promo for 90 or so. My guess is that somebody on ebay or something has gotta have this upgrade (two SD disks). You got any opinion on the later?