AVIC411.com

NEW GUY WITH D3 AND IPOD TOUCH

first off let me start by saying hello to everyone and thanks in advance. and also want to apologize for not serching further to find my answers. i am new to these forums and im not 100% on getting around it yet.

well anyways. i bought a 03 for explorer and it came with a N3 in it. i then decided to sell it and pick up a a D3. so that will be here within the next day or two. and i also have a ipod touch 8gb 2nd gen.

anyways all i want to know is what i have to do to hook up my ipod to my D3. i know there is a couple of different cables and modules but i cant seem to figure out what one i need.

i want to be able to control everything from the HU and have the ipod tucked away in the center counsul or something. also doing it this way should i be able to see my album cover pictures and stuff like that.

ebay has a knock off cable that plugs into the back of the HU and then straight to the ipod without any module box and they are very cheep. would that work.

sorry if this is a stupid question but these kinds of HU are very new to me as i only ever had normal cd players.

again i apologize in advance and please take it easy on me. thank you

welcome. i can't give you allot of knowledge with the D3 and the Touch together. i have an old dinsoaur Ipod that works without fail. I would fear "knock-off cables" cables from ebay. I mean, is the D3 a real one or a knock-off?

i have an extra iPod cable that i aquired, get in touch with me and i can set you up.

as far as the album covers, not sure if they will show or not. they show on my ipod but not on the D3. but again, i have an old iPod.

The iPod cable needed for the D3 is the CD-I200. Never use knock off cables especially with the iPhone/Touch models of iPods. They are very sensitive to the proper cables. iPod album art is not supported with the D3 and iPod charging of the Touch may also not be supported.

• 1 month later...

Hey all!

I'm a new owner of an AVIC-X710BT.

Already ordered the larger volume knob (big hands).

The part number you're looking for is (CD-IU230V) check Pioneers web site.

The way I ended up at this post is that I was looking for a reason for my album covers not showing on my BT.

Purchased my unit at Future Shop.

The salesmen had no idea I needed a separate cable, aside from the USB connection.

If you check Pioneer's web site they pretty clearly state that the CD-IU230V is required for sound & videos

With the CD-IU230V, I was able to get sound! Ahh!

BUT can't get the album covers to display, Doh!

My iPod is 1st Gen. 80gig.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wrong! That is indeed the cable needed for the X series but not for the D3. The cable needed for the D3 is indicated in my response above.

Doh, old noob here, sorry for stepping where I don't belong. :oops:

So intent was I to find an answer to my question that I missed the D3 thingy. :oops:

I'll try to think more before I speak next time. :roll: