AVIC411.com

HELP PLEASE Z3 nav issues. No voice prompting

Help please someone. I just had a Z3 installed that I bought from my brother in law. Totaled off his truck and does not need it in the new truck. I had it professionally installed with a bypass so the nav could be set by passenger while on the road.

The problem is that when I enter a destination, the unit will tell me to turn right at a location that makes no sense whatsoever while on route. It then says nothing at all until I am close to the destination which it then says I have reached my destination but am still 2 blocks away. Today, it even told me to make a u turn on the direct route to my own house. The route on the screen all seems fine but there is no voice prompting at all. If I deviate from the route on the screen it does not recalculate or say a thing. I had a Garmin nuvi 680 which was super accurate and had great voice prompting at a fraction of the cost. All other aspects of the unit seem to work great such as cd, library, ipod etc.

Anyone have any ideas on what the heck is wrong. The way it is now, I am better off with a $1.99 map. I have emailed Pioneer three times over the past two weeks and have yet to receive a reply, so did some snooping and came across this site. I checked the signal strength and it seems fine.

This is my first post on this matter. The accident was not that severe, not enough to mess up the unit I wouldn't think. More or less just a bad side swipe on an older pickup. They figured more to fix it that it was worth so they wrote it off. I have only had it in for a week so not that familiar with things yet. I have done a bit of searching thru some of the threads and it seems others have had similar type issues. Does the unit have to be reset after a new install perhaps?