AVIC411.com

QUESTION factory Ford XD1377ZF

So I have found an amazing deal on a AVIC-XD1377ZF that is out of a 2008 Ford Explorer. I'm going to be putting it in my 2005 Ford. Right now all it comes with is the gps antenna/unit. What I need to know is what kind of cables will I need to get the iPod synced. The guy who wrecked his explorer doesn't have the original cable or the nav discs, but I'm pretty sure I can find an iso for the nav portion. I just was wondering if the iPod cables and bluetooth microphones where pretty standard on these units whether from the factory or aftermarket and if I could just use the cables sold for one of the aftermarket models as pioneer doesn't seem to have ANY support for the factory models on their site. If anyone can help it would be very much apprecaited.

Thanks!

Looking at a picture of the back of the unit shows all of the connections to be non standard. So you will not be able to use any aftermarket cables with this unit. I would contact your Ford dealer for info. Also the last guy that bought one of these couldn't get half the controls to work because the unit wasn't programed for his vehicle. He was not able to retain sync, steering controls, reverse alerts etc. Hope you didn't waste your money. Good luck