AVIC411.com

Upgrading to latest firmware F900BT EU Questions

Well I'm picking up my F900bt in an hour or so and the first thing to do is upgrade the firmware. I've been donig lots of reading over the last 4 nights or so and downloaded many thing's of which I'm not 100% sure what they are.. lol but anyway, can someone just confirm what I'm attempting to do will work.

I'm assuming my F900BT will be on v2.0.. firmware so will need upgrading. after doing some reading it seems the first thing to do is upgrade the WinCE version. On the 2nd SD card of the new ver 3.0202 there are the WinCE files. question is am I ok to update with these WinCE version but then load on the 3.003 version and update from that ?

Will I then be able to use Testmode 2.3 to gain access to desktop or is this coded so I wont be able to use it yet in 3.0202 ? I'm assuming access is needed to then copy over the Flash Disk files (v3.003) ? I was then going to use the 2nd SD card from 3.0202 to just to a normal upgrade.. or does this upgrade .. upgrade the WinCE version anyway so should I stick with the WinCE files from 3.003 ?

Sorry for all the questions, will write a how to when I've done. I know there are few about but each one seems to be for a different version.

Many thanks

Steve

sussed it :smile:

I upgraded to 2.002 or whatever via the pioneer update from there site. I then had a collection of downloads and in the end I upgraded the WinCE from the 2nd SD card from the Firmware torrent 3.0202. Then I booted to testmode 2.3.. then I copied over the files from 3.0003 and then upgraded it to 3.0202 via the pioneer update from there site... phew, think thats about it :smile:

now it's time to start hacking :smile: can't wait !