AVIC411.com

How to convert Outlook addresses to POI automatically?

So, I am not sure if I am adding to or confusing this discussion. I have an iphone and I tried transferring my addresses to my AVIC f 700bt, however, I have much to many entries for it to hold all of them and the one's it did transfer only selected one of the numbers I had listed for a particular entry (not so sure which one it picked; likely the first one I imagine).

So, what I did was convert all my outlook contacts into a csv file (i.e. I exported them). Then, in excel I MANUALLY lined all the contacts that I wanted to use on my my Avic in similar columns -- I entered the full name of a contact in one cell, complete address in another cell, one tele in one cell, and the name of the company, if any, in another cell. For those that had more than one phone number, I entered them just like above on the next row using the other tele (and I would label the contact name, for e.g. John Smith (W); John Smith ©; John Smith (H) -- for work, mobile, and home).

Then I created two other columns one for long and latitude. And my g'friend, who I should have got her in this before I even started b/c she knows all sorts of neat short cuts in excel and stuff) found a program where I could copy all my addresses from the csv/excel file and get latitude and longitudes for.... then she found a way to get them back into excel split up into two columns --- latitude and longitude.

Opened up my AVIC FEEDS app on my PC. Popped my SD Card in. Pressed the convert key. I recall assigning each column a letter that correlated to the respective column. Then a message came up that some of the addresses that I included did not have long/ lat and I said "ok" (b/c I didn't). Then I recall saving all of this information via FEEDs onto my SD card. Then I went in and added a Splash Screen and saved that to the SD Card as well.

Here's where it all goes wrong. I pop my SD card in my AVIC and everything works great...except when I get to the POI page under navigation. None of the buttons work. Not one. The only way to get anything to work is to press the map or source button on the unit (not the screen) and even then once I go back to the destination screen I can't even get the button where I could manually enter an address to respond to me. Same thing happens even if I take out the SD card. Only way I can manually use the Nav is by turning the car off and having the machine reboot again.

The same works if I try the above using a USB card instead of a SD. GRrrrrrrrrrr. What is going on here. Anyone have any insight. I feel like i got soooo close.

This should not have been posted in this forum if you have an F700BT. This is the Z110BT forum. Please redirect this to the proper forum. I can shed some light on your issue however. There are only a certain number of custom POI that can be put on the SD card before the F series system starts to chock from trying to read all of the info on the card. How many entries do you have on the card?

This should not have been posted in this forum if you have an F700BT. This is the Z110BT forum. Please redirect this to the proper forum. I can shed some light on your issue however. There are only a certain number of custom POI that can be put on the SD card before the F series system starts to chock from trying to read all of the info on the card. How many entries do you have on the card?

sorry about the wrong forum -- just saw bt and for some reason slipped my mind. as to yous specific question -- 231 lines (231 contacts). My guess is that you are going to say that this is way too many... if so... would mind sharring me a little knowledge and sending me to my appropriate room (i.e forum). Thanks. and Thanks for polite about it. Grrrr these AVICS!!!!