AVIC411.com

U310BT Won't read SD Cards

Ok, I've tried two different cards, formatted both several times, and have tried loading POI files from the feeds app (what a poorly written POS that is), with no luck whatsoever.

Likewise I've tried putting the TTS voice files on the same cards, no luck there either.

And finally, I tried putting the firmware update files on them, still with no luck.

For whatever reason, it appears as though the unit refuses to acknowledge the presence of SD cards.

I've tried formatting them on multiple computers, with 3 different card readers. In all cases, the cards show up fine with the files on them to any computer I try (including Macs).

Any ideas as to what may be wrong here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem, it appears that the unit is not recognizing the SD card, although the "Eject SD" is bold, the "Cpy Setting" is not bold. If I'm reading the manual correctly that is the function you use to import settings from the "Avic Feeds" utility. I used the "Avic Feeds" settings replicator to save a file on the SD card. I also reformatted the card with Fat 32 and tried again, but no joy. The card had worked previously to do the update, so I don't think its the SD card. Can someone point me toward a solution?

• 1 month later...
I figured out the problem. The Avic Feeds program is not specific to the U310BT, so make sure you go to menu, select hardware, and select the U310BT in the menu.

You mentioned you loaded TTS files? what TTS files you loaded? Do you any better ones you can share with us?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm come across the same issue on my U310BT. I tried a couple of different SD cards just in case one was faulty, but keep getting the same result. The cards work because I tested them by transferring other info onto them from my PC so I know they aren't the issue.

Here's a step by step description of the procedure I've followed just in case I'm doing something wrong. I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions as to what might solve this issue.

- I've installed Avid Feeds v2.1.1 on my computer.

- Formatted my SD card Fat32

- Inserted the SD Card into the AVIC face plate

- Connected it via USB to my computer

- Started AVIC Feed

- Selected U310BT from the hardware list

- Selected "Applications" from the menu

and all I get is a dialog box telling me:

Could not confirm device number of navigation device.

Insert SD card into navigation device, and connect navigation device to PC using USB Cable

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting same error but when I check it has given me access to the SD card as a removable drive.

I didn't choose my device maybe why I'm getting an error.

I'm running the 0002 version

I'm going to hold off doing the last firmware since so far it's been flawless and since some had it working until update.

Will keep working on it let you know if I find some thing anyone try rollback of firmware update?

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem. Does the size of the SD card make a difference. My computer recognizes the faceplate as a USB drive but does not recognize that the card is in the drive. Also the Faceplate is indicating it knows a card is in the drive but no luck accessing the card at all through avic feeds or the computer

Could not confirm device number of navigation device.

I had the same Problem and therefore I bought the CNSD-130FM Update Card from Pioneer.

The F310BT or U130BT have no device number! So u cant install any applications on it.

So I intallled the new Maps and Firmware from the CNSD-130FM Card and after that it was possible to install the applications. And on my Card was a file called device Number.

The new Firmware makes the F310BT look like a F320BT, i mean the Menue.

• 11 months later...

Maybe somebody still have a problem... Yesterday I spend half a day to solve this situation on my F320BT:

I think that for U310BT all the same.

So you need:

1) Connect navi to PC by the usb cable

2) Enter Navigation menu -> PC Connect. Navi will connected to PC and you can see sd drive in PC

3) Format card in this new drive. (I use 4GB SDHC on FAT32). After formatting you find a new folder on sd card with device.dat file. Do not delete it ever.

4) run NavGate feeds and do what you want with your sd card

5) press "Restart" on Navi to exit PC-connection mode.

• 4 months later...

In general devices this old won't read the higher capacity SD cards. I would stick with 2 or 4 GB. I have noearthly idea if this isthe problem but if you are using an 8 or 16 GB card I suspect the carditself is not the problem but the system you are putting the card in may not be capable of handling a high capacity card. Look at the card, if it has HC written on it that may be the problem.

• 4 weeks later...