AVIC411.com

Who wants to make 100 bucks?

If you find me a soultion to get my head unit to work ill paypal you 100 bucks. I was getting the regular reboot process of the avic f90-bt. It started doing it when i changed the color scheme of the control buttons. I tried deleting those four gps files nothing. The screen would sit the beginning page it was say sytsem loading please wait or whatever and then just reboot. Yea its happened to a bunch of us. I read into test mode and was able to access it. A stupid friend of mine that was with me decided to delete the user data folder on my flash disk. So after doing so a screen popped up to choose my language like the first day i got the unit and then just reset. Now the unit doesnt get past the flash screen. You turn the ignition splash screen comes up and then the unit compeltely shuts off and doesnt even reboot. Now when i place my sd card in the unit will load into test mood but will shut down before i can do anything. I know i can upload the backup files but how am i supposed to do that if the thing keeps turning off? Come up with a working solution for me 100 bucks in your pocket. Any help is appreciated...thanks

1) First download all this stuff to new folders on your computer when you press download hit save not run

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 90BT?tab=F find your model # and download update in to a new folder and name it F90 UPDATE (or whatever ur model #is).

2) Download this Testmode download/file.php?id=7376 put this in a new folder and name it testmode.

3) Download this http://www.4shared.com/file/105507086/7 ... 9984.htmlb

(again when downloading press save not run) put this in a new folder name it FIX.

4) Download the backup files for your model here ftp://www.turboss.com/ username is avicuser password is Avic411(make sure you put a capitol A ) make a new folder and name it F90 BACKUP.

Now make sure you have all these saved on your computer in seperate folders named the way i named them so you will know which folder to use again when you download all of these press save not run.

Now if you have 3 sd cards you could load them all up or if you only have 1 do what i did you load up 1 go to the car load it up then you come back to the computer and empty everything and go to the next step. Make sure you have at least a 2 gb sd card and formatted in fat 32 (most sd cards come like that).

5) Go to the file named F90 and extract it to a new folder and name this folder EXTRACTED F90.

6 ) Go the folder EXRACTED F90 click on F-SERIES FIRMWARE UPDATE then click on LPUE080 then click on PLT you should have 2 files here WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS right click and copy them both in to your SD card.

Check your sd card there should be nothing except those 2 files on there (make sure they are visible on the root in your sd card not in a folder.

7)Go to your car power up the f90 then press the reset button while pressing the map menu and eject button all at the same time then let go of the reset button after about 10 seconds while still holding the other 3 you should hear the system eject trying to eject or a popping sound let go of the eject button you should now see a blue screen that says to reset. now use the voloume knob and enter this passcode UP-UP-DOWN-MENU BOTTON-LEFT-RIGHT

you should now see a little menu on top of the screen insert the sd card and press the top item in the menu (upgrade wince) make sure you hit the correct items THIS IS VERY CRITICAL then press update from sdcard format

on the bottom it should be updating wait till it says writing 100 percent press reset now shut off you car and take out the sd card and go back to your computer.

8 )Go to the folder that we named EXTRACTED F90 click on the F-SERIES FIRMWARE UPDATE copy the folders LPUE080 and TTS and paste them in your sd card you should now have only those 2 folders on the root of your sd card put it in your f90 while it is off then start your car it should start updating by itself in about a minute or 2 when its finished shut your car off and take out sd card go back to your computer and empty everything off the sd card.

9)Go to the folder we named TESTMODE and extract it on to the sd card.

10)Go to the file we named FIX and open it you will see 2 files 1 says text at the end and 1 says img at the end you only need the 1that says img -extract that to your sd card.now you should have on the root of your sd cars 2 things testmode and the nn746ucsdmc file .

11)Go to your car put the sd card in while power is off then start car wait 2 minutes it should go in to windows by itself.

now first calibrate your screen by going to device manager / display / stylus/recalibrate. and x out to main screen.

next press start and fom the sub open DISKRW then change the dot from read to WRITE then click on the top dropdown menu and click on SDMLC then click on the button that has 3 little dots on it (...) now look for your sd card and click on the nn7 file and click WRITE now wait till its complete running all the stuff then x out of all the windows and shut off you car. go back to your computer and empty the sd card.

12)Go to the folder we named F90 BACKUP open it you should see a bunch of folders select all and copy go to your sd card and paste them on.( there is a testmode in there so no need to put one on just make sure that the folders go in the root of the sd card not in the folder named backup you should have a total of 23 items on the root of the sd card.

13)Put the sd card in the f90 while power is off start the car wait for it to go in to windows then hit start from the sub hit explorer then click on your sd card then click edit and select all and copy press start again / explorer and open the flash drive press edit and paste ( if it gives a warning about exceeding memory just press yes) then when it asks to overwrite press yes to all. (this should take about 20 minutes or so ).

now x out of all the screens then shut off the car then take out the sd card.

14) Start your car and watch your avic come back to life (the startup procces may take a few minutes due to it reading everything new).