AVIC411.com

X920BT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TESTMODE/MODS!!!

Just to nip this in the bud before it gets started. The Z110/120BT runs completely different software then the previous X series. It will not run testmode and will not work with any software mods that are on this forum. There will be no hacks for this unit in the foreseeable future. If that ever changes it will be posted and stickied on this forum but likely will never happen.

MOD NOTE 11-24-2010: Recently a testmode file has materialized that does work on the 920/120BT units that will allow access to the file system of the unit. Unfortunately that is all this file does at this time. It does not offer a way to hack or mod any of the software in these units what so ever and there are no changes expected in the foreseeable future. If there are this thread will be updated. What that means is no UI hacks or mods, no software bypass, and no additional map or map upgrades are currently possible. Please do not apply the mentality that this will give you the same capabilities of the previous X and F series units.

MOD NOTE 04-19-2012: Per the request of another forum member I am updating the status of this thread. As reported on 11-24-2010 there is now acsess to testmode on all X920/930/940 and Z110/130/130/140 units. Unfortunately the mods that are available on all US F series units (F90BT/900/700) and X910/710 units is still not posible. What has changed is that with this testmode you can do a system backup and can now change the maps to a different country or update to newer maps. Its important to understand however that this is not 100% reliable and issues have been noted involving certain features that do not work properly after doing map change. There is still no indication that a UI have hack similar to what is happening with the previous F series/1st gen X series will ever progress beyond this point. When and if it does this thread will be updated.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, thank you! I just mentioned this in the troubleshooting section not seeing someoen arleady posted it here. Why Pioneer thought they should keep the series name the same when it has nothing to do with it is very strange. Only thing that is the same is the chassis shape/size and the name pioneer.

Yes, I have already mentioned this in a few posts earlier this year, as I had this confirmed from a Pioneer Engineer before the unit was released. The X920BT has the same OS as the Z110BT and will never be hackable. This is really unfortunate on Pioneers behalf because sales would boost dramatically if these units were capable of being modded. I go through hardware once a year because I get bored. I just purchased a new X910BT, only because it can be modded. I would have purchased a Z110, X920BT or even an Alpine 7" Nav if it could be modded, but they can't, so I traded my F700BT in for a X910BT. Am I happy, YOU BET!! because my modded X910BT looks better than anything on the market today, and trust me, I have looked!

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is kinda old, but I just purchased the X920BT and performed the "mute ground wire" hack and it unlocked perfectly.

Also, when doing this hack you have to remove one of the pins from the connector and move it over one slot. The pin was difficult to remove but I figured out a new approach to this. Instead of inserting a pin or staple into the end of the connector, I noticed that the connector has tabs on the outside which can be opened a little. So open them as far as possible without breaking anything, then insert the pin or staple into the SIDE of the connector where the mute pin/wire is and jiggle it while pulling the wire and it will pop out.

Other than that, it went well and I can ride in my van (in the passenger side of course) while watching movies and playing with navigation and all other features. Truly an awesome unit.

• 2 months later...

To enter X920BT testmode:

Turn Power On

While holding home button press: rew, fast, rew, fast, rew, fast (or fast, rew, fast, rew, fast, rew, can't remember right now which one is first).

Screen will go black, so release the home button and wait.

Testmode will be on, with full file copy capabilities.

Tested on mine, works.

Now we just need to know which files to change.

Am I wrong VBLUE42?

Cheers!