AVIC411.com

X920BT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TESTMODE/MODS!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it does appear this is totally legit and I have tested the file myself on the 120 and it does give file access. Unfortunately we have had this access to the file system of these units before and it still has not yielded a way to mod the software of the units. This member has claimed however that someone from Brazil was able to use this file to install Brazilian maps to his unit which up until this point at least was not possible. Stay tuned. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok it does appear this is totally legit and I have tested the file myself on the 120 and it does give file access. Unfortunately we have had this access to the file system of these units before and it still has not yielded a way to mod the software of the units. This member has claimed however that someone from Brazil was able to use this file to install Brazilian maps to his unit which up until this point at least was not possible. Stay tuned. :smile:

Guys, I have the X920BT in my Amazon cart... Just looking for a feedback to place the order! What do you guys think? Once it could enter the Test Mode, do you think it will be possible to install foreing (Brazil) maps on this unit? SHould I buy the x910BT instead and play safe???

Looking forward feedback...

I bought this unit, and also live in Brasil (São Paulo). Now I'm stuck without any maps, so don't buy the X920BT or you will end up like me. Get the X910BT.

Abraço!

Cassio

Oh, my... I was afraid of hearing that... :-( That SUX! :-( ... Entering the Test Mode didn't help? Do you think that it might be possible in a near future? And what does the X910BT misses? Which features we have on 920BT that we don't have on 910BT? I'm reading and found a bunch already:

• No MusicSphere
  • No Pandora Link
  • No video playback on SD card, only on CD/DVD
  • 5.8" against 6.1" - This is not a deal breaker, tough

Could you guys list some more missing features? As it was hacked already, it might be possible to get some of those features on a hacked X910BT, wouldn't be?

thx... (I'm SAID! :-( )

Downloading that file will do nothing for you. These units are still not hackable so you are wasting your time.

I'd like to try this.

Patch the firmware for the X920BT, from the AVIC site. link : http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firmware/AVIC/AVICZ110.zip

Put the patched firmware on the SD card, Use it to update the patched files to the Unit.

Do you think this might work or not?

Thanks

I'd like to try this.

Patch the firmware for the X920BT, from the AVIC site. link : http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firmware/AVIC/AVICZ110.zip

Put the patched firmware on the SD card, Use it to update the patched files to the Unit.

Do you think this might work or not?

Thanks

Is this a patched firmware for the Z110? If yes, they X920BT could be possible also right? I think they share the same OS... Hope this get to somewhere!

• 1 month later...

My problem is similar, the difference is that I already bought the model X9115BT, hoping it can turn on the GPS maps of Brazil. The seller of a famous car audio store in Orlando / FL, where I bought the product in Nov/2010, assured me that it would be possible to put maps of Brazil in it. Now I'm with the device installed in my car and the GPS does not work ... Can anyone give me some information about whether or not it is possible to install maps of Brazil in the model X9115BT? Here in Brazil the information I have obtained is that this model has not been hacked to placement maps of Brazil ... Appreciate any help ...