AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mr. Nice Guy,

I see that no one has really answered your question. Saying that you did the software hack on a Mac running Parallels or Fusion isn't truly doing it on a Mac - you're still doing the hack in a Windows environment, which happens to run on a Mac. I'm a pure Mac user and avoid using a PC as much as I can (I don't personally own a PC). However, I can see people's reservations as this isn't a general computer help forum. I'm not going to give you a step-by-step on the Mac environment but I will tell you this, learning Macs is pretty intuitive. If you need to know what "Finder" is or where your user directory is located, there are a plethora of resources online that can tell you that. For the most part, the steps enumerated in the well-documented procedures on this forum can be done on the Mac. I did run into one problem, however, that may be of interest to you. It had to do with opening the pioneer.ini file in the DATA.ZIP archive WITHOUT extracting the archive. Most users were using WinZip or WinRar to do this, which don't run on a Mac. Please see this thread for instructions:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=225843#p225843

I hope this tidbit of information helps you or someone else reading this thread.

Joe