AVIC411.com

AVIC-HD3 Freezing issues for AUSSIES!

Hey guys, been dealing with the bootup freezing issue for awhile on my AU version of the Z3 (HD3). Found a FW patch for both UK and US Pioneer website but nothing on the AU one besides the usual gracenote updates. Seems the issue became worse and I decided to attempt to apply the other countries patches. No luck, got pretty desperate as this thing costed 3800$ back when it was purchased and I was not about to throw away all that money over a known fault Pioneer Australia did not want to admit.

So I called up their support line and go put to their tech support guys after 1/2hour on hold. Within 5 minutes the tech had my name and address and sent out a burnt copy of an update disk with a magical fix for the Aussie headunit. It was sent across state via express mail (melb > syd) and arrived the next day. Put it in and followed the bodgy instructions within the A3 (wtf) page, done all fixed!

I am posting this up for anyone else also witnessing this issue in Australia so they do not go through all the shiz I did and just get this thing fixed. Also I can upload the FW on request and email it to whoever needs it just shoot me a PM :)

Cliffnotes: AUSSIES CALL UP PIONEER SUPPORT IF YOUR AVIC-HD3 FREEZES ON START UP!

AVICHD3_FW_Instructions.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You're a GOD!

I've been putting up with this problem for at least a year, even installed an extra fan to keep it cool.

Only lately it's been getting worse, and got to the stage of freezing on start up.

I've finished downloading it, and about to install it now.

Thanks again :D

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just extracted it to a folder copied its contents onto the CD using nero and burnt the CD. Awsome! Thanks for the DL file. I have just purchased this PT cruiser with this unit that started playing up the day I drove away in it. This has done the trick! Cheers

Dean. :D:D:D

• 1 month later...

Sweet I am so glad to have helped you guys out! There is barely any mention of this issue for Australians and hope this thread can be googled easily for others. The rapidshare link seems to have expired, I will try and upload it again at a later stage (pretty busy atm). For those very desperate, just give Pioneer Australia a call, they send you a disk out free of charge!

Update* NEW LINK

http://rapidshare.com/files/413788492/F ... ezeFix.zip

MD5: F5576F5E58E9882CBA842A85222B6B88

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, been dealing with the bootup freezing issue for awhile on my AU version of the Z3 (HD3). Found a FW patch for both UK and US Pioneer website but nothing on the AU one besides the usual gracenote updates. Seems the issue became worse and I decided to attempt to apply the other countries patches. No luck, got pretty desperate as this thing costed 3800$ back when it was purchased and I was not about to throw away all that money over a known fault Pioneer Australia did not want to admit.

So I called up their support line and go put to their tech support guys after 1/2hour on hold. Within 5 minutes the tech had my name and address and sent out a burnt copy of an update disk with a magical fix for the Aussie headunit. It was sent across state via express mail (melb > syd) and arrived the next day. Put it in and followed the bodgy instructions within the A3 (wtf) page, done all fixed!

I am posting this up for anyone else also witnessing this issue in Australia so they do not go through all the shiz I did and just get this thing fixed. Also I can upload the FW on request and email it to whoever needs it just shoot me a PM :)

Cliffnotes: AUSSIES CALL UP PIONEER SUPPORT IF YOUR AVIC-HD3 FREEZES ON START UP!

WARNING!!!!!! Do not perform this update if you have a European Unit. Myself and others have suffered major problems after the update. The only solution for me was to purchase a new Hard Drive with the latest European firmware and maps. I believe some European users have had success installing the US update to fix the freezing issues, but I cannot confirm this.

• 1 year later...

HD3 on my car taking at least 2mins to load up eveytime I turn the igition ON. Any guess what could be the reason?

"Starting Pioneer Car Navigation" message is there on my the black screen for close to 2mins and then Pioneer Logo comes.....

Spoke to Pioneer technical team and theres no soultion they have no idea.

got the updated firmware too..

Its fruatrating sometimes.....

Please shed some lights....