AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z110BT Microphone quality

I'm curious what you guys think of the overall quality of the Z110BT microphone? I tested one in Car Toys by leaving a voicemail on my home phone and the sound wasn't very good. The background noise was fairly noisy at Car Toys though, so maybe that was the problem.

What are your guys experiences with the microphone quality?

ive put in quite a few 110bts and only had one bad mic. boss's truck of course. have had to relocate or isolate a couple. i have 2 escalade exts w/z110bts installed and they sound fine. jim i do however want to try parrots twin mic on it for giggles.

ive put in quite a few 110bts and only had one bad mic. boss's truck of course. have had to relocate or isolate a couple. i have 2 escalade exts w/z110bts installed and they sound fine. jim i do however want to try parrots twin mic on it for giggles.

Stoveken, where do you typically mount the 110bt microphone for the best results?

Parrot's stand alone kits sound better, but the Z110 is better than getting a ticket and sounds just as good if not better than other brands with built-in bluetooth

CamelTowing,

I don't want a drop off in sound quality, so even if I have to spend a little money to get something better than the Z110, it's worth it to me. Do you have a specific Parrot stand alone kit that you prefer?

I've used the 3200 and 9200 and they both sound good

CamelTowing,

I don't want a drop off in sound quality, so even if I have to spend a little money to get something better than the Z110, it's worth it to me. Do you have a specific Parrot stand alone kit that you prefer?

I have a Chrysler 300c, which is a very quiet car and the factory mic had no problems. The AVIC mic has been completely unusable. I tried moving the microphone yesterday from behind the rear view mirror, to the far left of the windshield. Sound quality didn't improve at all. I also tried putting black electrical tape around the outside of the mic. Didn't help either.

So here are my questions.

- Has anyone here used this microphone with an HTC Droid Eris with good results?

- IF not, has anyone replaced the microphone and gotten better results?

- If another mic gave you better results, please post a link as I'm having a hard time from some reason finding one with good reviews. People have mentioned a $13 Garmin mic, but what is the model #?

Thanks!

I have a Chrysler 300c, which is a very quiet car and the factory mic had no problems. The AVIC mic has been completely unusable. I tried moving the microphone yesterday from behind the rear view mirror, to the far left of the windshield. Sound quality didn't improve at all. I also tried putting black electrical tape around the outside of the mic. Didn't help either.

So here are my questions.

- Has anyone here used this microphone with an HTC Droid Eris with good results?

- IF not, has anyone replaced the microphone and gotten better results?

- If another mic gave you better results, please post a link as I'm having a hard time from some reason finding one with good reviews. People have mentioned a $13 Garmin mic, but what is the model #?

Thanks!

I have a HTC Hero and I have my mic basically right in front of me. I get complaints all the time.. "Sounds like theres wind in the background".. "I can hear myself" (even w/ echo control on).. I gave up w/ the damn thing.. I just use it for VR control and turn my BT off.

We'll that kind of confirms my theory, that the phone plays just as much a part in sound quality, as the location of the mic. Thanks.

There was another member on this forum that complained and thought it may be his Sprint HTC Hero.. and I know the Eris is basically the same thing.. I think the phone plays a big part in it.

I switched phones to an iPhone at the same time I had my Z110 installed (previous unit was a Kenwood). The mic is directly in front of me on the steering column - my previous one was on the overhead above the rearview mirror. Both locations worked well, but my wife said when I call her now the calls sounds clearer. Not sure if it's the new phone, new headunit, new mic, mic placement...

Good luck with the Parrott mic. Have a buddy with a different phone than yours get in the car with you and make a call to the same person using each of your phones while trying different mic placement during each call, and have the person tell you what sounds best. That should help you narrow down whether it's mic placement or the phone that makes the bigger difference. If it still sounds like crap try a different mic and start over - should only take a couple minutes to narrow it down.