AVIC411.com

X910BT & iPod Touch (64gig) 3rd Gen problems... :(

What are you basing this off of?

The problem is with the AVIC device, but the CONFLICT is with the iPod.

If you were paying attention to anything I wrote, I was attempting to downgrade the firmware version on my iPod to the version that the Pioneer customer support rep said was working with the AVIC device.

I am paying attention to what you wrote. Its just getting a little old seeing your post about what you think the problem is when it is apparent you have it wrong. And I am basing my suspicion on my experience and the fact you are the only one that has reported this specific problem. Its your iPod! Try another 64 GB Touch and see if you get the same problem. Continue to do what ever you think you need to do but you will see. And try and be a little nicer in your responses especially to senior members of this forum.

I wasn't trying to be a douche to you. To me, your opinion seemed to be based on skimming the post and presenting your conclusion without a full read through the entire situation. I am in the process of having other people attempt and test their iPods, but the problem is finding the right people that have both an iPod Touch 3rd Gen (32 or 64gb versions) running 3.1.3 and an AVIC x910BT.... It's a narrow group of people.

Being a seasoned software and network engineer, as well as an avid tech junkie, I find it hard to conclude it being my specific device. My device has worked on a Kenwood deck. It not only recognized the iPod, but played video as well. It's not the functionality or capability of my device. If you know how firmware works, the hardware has to interact with another piece of equipment. That's what essentially what the firmware does, among many other things. It tells it's native device what commands and signals to issue on certain conditions, as well as what commands/signals to respond to.

If the new hardware in the iPod Touch 3rd Gen (32/64gb) uses different protocol or commands, the AVIC x910 device won't know what to do with it.

Also, a thing about the iPod firmware. The update between 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 included significant changes to combat the jailbraking "issue" -- a small part of that change could nuke the compatability or functionality between the AVIC device and the iPod. Part of the changes in the iPod firmware are specific to the iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32/64gb devices.

While you are claiming my problem to be with my specific device because you probably think I'm the type to not admit when a problem is on my end (which is common amongst people, let's be honest), I'm more of the analytical mindset and am looking at more of the technical facts behind it. Sure, there is a CHANCE that I have a defective iPod which only has a problem interfacing with one piece of equipment, the more realistic issue is that the x910 firmware doesn't know how to handle my model of iPod with the latest firmware. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't like ALL characteristics of my model, but it could mean that it doesn't like only ONE of the characteristics, such as:

• [*:ecu5403e]64gb
    [*:ecu5403e]3rd Generation
    [*:ecu5403e]firmware 3.1.3

Or maybe multiple? If it doesn't know how to handle just ONE of these, it would be a show-stopper for the entire functionality.

I was surfing the forum and found this thread of a guy that was using a 64 gig Touch with his unit. His problem was he didn't like the album art display but he references nothing about any other problems with the 64 gig Touch. So there you have it, someone that was using the same ipod as you without any real problems. Sure he would have been on an older firmware but this verifies that there should be no problem with the hardware in the third gen Touches with these units as you suspect. You might want to switch out that ipod like I suggested and see if your problem is rectified.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27987#p198291

Well I just got done hooking up my x910 and my iPod touch works just fine with it. My iPod is a 32gb 3rd Gen. touch with the newest software (3.1.3) installed on it. I only used it with the stereo for about 20 minutes, but I see no problems with it so far.

• 2 weeks later...
What are you basing this off of?

The problem is with the AVIC device, but the CONFLICT is with the iPod.

If you were paying attention to anything I wrote, I was attempting to downgrade the firmware version on my iPod to the version that the Pioneer customer support rep said was working with the AVIC device.

Here is another person using a 64GB Touch with his unit. Did you ever resolve your issue?