AVIC411.com

Im a idiot.....3.0 upgrade!

OK so I'm the least computer literate person on the planet. I can get on the internet and that's about it. I have tried every link on here to upgrade my f900bt to the 3.0 software, and for some reason i cant get it to work. Maybe I'm just a idiot but can someone give me the lame idiot tutorial version if you can please. I've tried all of them even found a actually torrent (what ever that is) on here of the actual software from Pioneer (well supposedly it is) Ill tell you what i can install these things all day long (been installing for 12 years professionally) but the computer eludes me. Thanks in advance.

Mike G.

It does not get any simpler than this, if you can not handle this then I would suggest finding someone in your area that can handle this. This is really easy, follow each step in order. Print this out after you have downloaded the information. Then put the required files on the SD card and go to your unit, there should be only 4 files on the SD card: My Flash disk, WinCEIMG.bin, WinCEIMG.cks, and test mode.

Go to unit, turn unit on, immediately press reset, eject, menu, and map buttons at the same time. After abotu 30 seconds you may hear a pop from your speakers, release the reset button and wait, you should have a blue screen come up, insert the SD Card, select WinCE update, WinCE update from SD card, this will take a few minutes. When this completes it will tell you to reset the unit, press the reset button. Should boot directly into a windows screen, their will be a list of icons from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen on your left. With the stylis that was provided when you purchased the unit double click on the top icon, then double click on the storage card, the highlight "My Flash Disk", click on edit, and then select copy, then you need to go back to the first screen where you selected to go into the SD Card and go into the flash disk on the unit, select edit and paste. Wait about 30 minutes and your done. It is really that easy.

Step 1: Download 3.0 from the torrent. http://itchybot.com/x910bt.zip.torrent

Step 2: Download the install files.http://itchybot.com/3.0%20Install%20Files.zip

Step 3: Copy the 2 WinCEIMG files to an empty SD card.

Step 4: Turn unit on. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

Step 4: Put in your SD card with the WinCEIMG files.

Step 5: Select Update CE

Step 6: Select Update SD Format

Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

Step 8: Remove your SD from the AVIC, put it in your computer.

Step 9: Delete all of the files off the SD card and put the test mode folder, DATA file, and the flash dump from torrent on.

Step 10: Insert the SD card into the AVIC and hit the reset button.

Step 11: Once test mode boots, open explorer and copy the contents of the flash dump to the "My Flash Disk" Drive.

(Should take about 20min even though at first it says like 140min)

Step 12: Copy the Data file from the SD card and replace the one in "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" (Soft Bypass)

Step 13: Press and hold restart and eject for 5 seconds.

Step 14: Enjoy your new 3.0

So 56 people have looked at this tread and no answer???? Can some one please help me with this. I think the main problem im having is most of the links are invalid. Please help out a computer literate dude.

Mike G.

There are valid links in both threads on this subject...personally I used this thread/instructions with no issues:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

The links in the main post are invalid, but they are there in a later post/response.

I doubt your going to find anyone who will actually create a video for you...instead you should buy the cards from Pioneer and get their support if needed.

It does not get any simpler than this, if you can not handle this then I would suggest finding someone in your area that can handle this. This is really easy, follow each step in order. Print this out after you have downloaded the information. Then put the required files on the SD card and go to your unit, there should be only 4 files on the SD card: My Flash disk, WinCEIMG.bin, WinCEIMG.cks, and test mode.

Go to unit, turn unit on, immediately press reset, eject, menu, and map buttons at the same time. After abotu 30 seconds you may hear a pop from your speakers, release the reset button and wait, you should have a blue screen come up, insert the SD Card, select WinCE update, WinCE update from SD card, this will take a few minutes. When this completes it will tell you to reset the unit, press the reset button. Should boot directly into a windows screen, their will be a list of icons from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen on your left. With the stylis that was provided when you purchased the unit double click on the top icon, then double click on the storage card, the highlight "My Flash Disk", click on edit, and then select copy, then you need to go back to the first screen where you selected to go into the SD Card and go into the flash disk on the unit, select edit and paste. Wait about 30 minutes and your done. It is really that easy.

Step 1: Download 3.0 from the torrent. http://itchybot.com/x910bt.zip.torrent

Step 2: Download the install files.http://itchybot.com/3.0%20Install%20Files.zip

Step 3: Copy the 2 WinCEIMG files to an empty SD card.

Step 4: Turn unit on. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

Step 4: Put in your SD card with the WinCEIMG files.

Step 5: Select Update CE

Step 6: Select Update SD Format

Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

Step 8: Remove your SD from the AVIC, put it in your computer.

Step 9: Delete all of the files off the SD card and put the test mode folder, DATA file, and the flash dump from torrent on.

Step 10: Insert the SD card into the AVIC and hit the reset button.

Step 11: Once test mode boots, open explorer and copy the contents of the flash dump to the "My Flash Disk" Drive.

(Should take about 20min even though at first it says like 140min)

Step 12: Copy the Data file from the SD card and replace the one in "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" (Soft Bypass)

Step 13: Press and hold restart and eject for 5 seconds.

Step 14: Enjoy your new 3.0

This would be great if any of those links actualy worked.

Mike G.

Hi Mike.

It's not really about being computer literate, it's about investing the time to understand.

You need to invest the time in reading all the appropriate threads and take notes.

Print off instructional documents. Highlight the points in the instructions. If you don't understand any instruction conceptually you need to investigate further or ask a question specific to the actual point until you do understand.

No one is going to hand it to you on a plate. It's a buffet and you have to help yourself. The guys and gals? here are great at offering suggestions on menu.(Not a precise analogy but I think you'll get my meaning)

On Sunday night I came to this forum looking for answers to my issue on my V2 unit (effectively dead). I am computer literate but had not looked at hacking or understanding the technology in my unit in any way until that point.

With the support of this forum and the instructions within the posts I was able to get my unit back up and running BETTER than it was before it corrupted. I now also know how to backup and restore my unit removing risk to me.

All this within 5 days on this forum. I think I felt like you do now around wednesday. Rather than stepping back I realised I had to dive in and understand what I needed to do.

I am still waiting on a callback from the Pioneer warranty manager to see if they will honor the warranty call I put in on my unit. (2 Months out of warranty) Thats the official service you get. Unless you pay..!

You get out of the forum what you put into it.

I'm not trying to be a smart alec but this isn't Pioneer's customer service. Its a group of guys like you and me trying to get around the technology of their units to better utilise it or rectify issues with it.

I hope this helps. Your journey and questions will help other people after you but check if the questions you ask have already been answered. That's what started me in the right direction. Search works well in this forum.

Cheers, goodluck and all the best.

gertsy

Ok so i down loaded both those megaupload files and apperently there is only supposed to be four files on my SD card but what files from part1 and part2 are supposed to go into those files????

Mike G.

You got two compressed RAR files. Just double-click on part1 and extract, all files from both parts will be extracted to your computer.

Sorry to say but if you don't even have this knowledge, I afraid that you will run into many problems during or after update. I would buy it from Pioneer and use their support to help you out instead.

Just my two cents.

hey I got the two .rar files from megaupload. but when I decompress them I get errors from the flb extebsuib maps Tennessee and Texas and it doesn't show any other states after that alphabetically. Anyone else have the same issue?

Try downloading the files again, or do an md5 sum on the rar's to ensure they are not corrupt. (I posted the MD5 hashes in the 3.0 update thread on page 40 something...

This would be great if any of those links actualy worked.

Mike G.

If you would've read my earlier post:

here are valid links in both threads on this subject...personally I used this thread/instructions with no issues:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

The links in the main post are invalid, but they are there in a later post/response.

I doubt your going to find anyone who will actually create a video for you...instead you should buy the cards from Pioneer and get their support if needed.

2nd, not to be demeaning, but if your really that computer illiterate that you can't follow two excellent articles that have been written on this subject and are still on page 1...then maybe you shouldn't be performing this process...you should contact Pioneer for the official version so they can offer you the support you will/may need in order to get this process completed.