AVIC411.com

Avic Feeds on iPhone - can't find any photos

It worked one time and won't work again. I opened Avic Feeds on my iPhone and press the photo button on the bottom of the screen, but it doesn't see any of the photos in my phone. I got it to work one time a few days ago when I first downloaded the app, and it worked perfectly. I opened the contact in the Z110 and a map of the intersection in Las Vegas popped up where I took the photo last week. Very cool!

Today I tried to use it again with no luck. I wanted to test another photo from last week and a photo that another iPhone user e-mailed me today, but it doesn't find any of the photos on my phone.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with no luck.

I also saved two locations from the map and only one shows up on the contacts on the Z110.

What is going on? Any suggestions?

There was an update to the AVIC Feeds app that showed up on the iTunes store yesterday. With the new version you can only use geo-coded pictures that you took using the AVIC Feeds app. Any other pictures you may have stored in your phone or that you may have received via email will not work.

The photo has to be in the camera roll or it wont work. Once the photo is moved to the photo album it will not show for geocoding from the app.

That's the part I can't figure out - I took about a dozen photos with my iphone last week and never moved them anywhere. They're all in the roll. I asked a friend in Idaho to take a photo with his iphone and text it to me to see if Avic Feeds could find the photos location. I saved the photo from the text into my roll but Avic Feeds doesn't see any photos at all on my phone.

The weird thing is that it worked perfect the first time I used it, but never again.

I can take a photo through Avic Feeds and it works fine, but not if I use the phone's camera.

There was an update to the AVIC Feeds app that showed up on the iTunes store yesterday. With the new version you can only use geo-coded pictures that you took using the AVIC Feeds app. Any other pictures you may have stored in your phone or that you may have received via email will not work.

After re-reading this post, I bet that's what happened. After getting it to work successfully one time, my iphone did the app update (actuallly a downgrade), so it now works as described above, which is disappointing.

If it worked perfectly, why would they release an update removes a lot of the functionality? Hopefully a future update will make it work as it originally did.

Yea thats bulls*it. Instead of just fixing the app to read the GeoCoded info stored in the photo and making it work as it should. They went and added a useless requirement for this feature to work. Most people are not typically going to be taking their photos with AVIC FEEDS in mind. There going to use their usual camera app to take photos. When the occasion to use a photo to plot a route comes up, its not going to work. Typical of Pioneer though. Just plain stupid.