AVIC411.com

Sirius On-Screen info display

When listening to Sirius, my X910BT shows only one line of song information on the screen, either the name of the track, or the name of the artist, or which channel I'm on, etc. Does anyone know if there is there a way to get the screen to show the name of the track AND the name of the artist at the same time? Thanks.

Hello VBLUE42 - Thanks for your response. It seems like this is something that a software fix could address. Would anyone know if there is a software fix for this in Pioneer's plans? How would we go about contacting Pioneer to address this (fairly small but annoying) issue?

That question has been asked and answered a hundred times on this forum over the last 3+ years I have been here and the answer is always the same. The Sirius interface is like that on all of their AV and nav units. Pioneer support will take your feedback on what you would like to see change but this issue has been addressed many times. It is likely not to change anytime soon. The time to make a big change on issues that have been submitted for years would have been last summer when the new Z series was released but nothing was changed in this area. Even if there is an update that addresses this issue, it likely wont be offed for this series of units. As soon as the X920BT is released, I would expect for this current series to be discontinued.

One option you might want to consider is going with the XM tuner. You get three lines of info on the XM source.

I don't know about any newer Sirius tuner boxes, but the old tuners were never made by Pioneer. I think they were made by DEI (?) and branded Pioneer, whereas the XM boxes were always made by Pioneer, and had the better graphical and info screens.

• 4 months later...

So something I'm curious about here: since XM and Sirius are now merged, couldn't you just buy the XM tuner to get the better info display, and get all the channels anyway? As far as my limited understanding of the situation goes, they merged all of their programming.

You can get the best of either with the other tuner but you wont get all of the channels between the two services. The pricing is also different between the two. They are still two different services just as they were before. Its just that all the money goes to the same bank account now.