AVIC411.com

Light Green parking brake wire

When i first installed my u31bt i followed the instructions and connected the parking brake wire to what i'm pretty sure what the parking brakes power supply. When i did this the it acted as though the parking brake was always on and wouldn't stop sounding out. So i just disconnected it and left it like that and everything is working just fine. My question is does the parking brake wire NEED to be connected, will i lose any functionality if it's not attached? Everything seems to be working without any issue without it attached.

When i first installed my u31bt i followed the instructions and connected the parking brake wire to what i'm pretty sure what the parking brakes power supply. When i did this the it acted as though the parking brake was always on and wouldn't stop sounding out. So i just disconnected it and left it like that and everything is working just fine. My question is does the parking brake wire NEED to be connected, will i lose any functionality if it's not attached? Everything seems to be working without any issue without it attached.

What do you mean by "sounding out?"

To answer your question: Apparently the only functionality you loose at this time by not connecting the brake wire is the ability to input GPS coordinates and scroll through some menus (such as the address book) while moving. In some ways this is better than having the brake connected, because you can use the system while stopped, at a red light for instance, without pulling the brake.

This was just discussed in more detail on another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26051&start=28#wrap

What do you mean by "sounding out?"

To answer your question: Apparently the only functionality you loose at this time by not connecting the brake wire is the ability to input GPS coordinates and scroll through some menus (such as the address book) while moving. In some ways this is better than having the brake connected, because you can use the system while stopped, at a red light for instance, without pulling the brake.

This was just discussed in more detail on another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26051&start=28#wrap

Well by sounding out i meant the chime would keep chiming the whole time while driving thinking the parking brake was engaged when it wasn't.