AVIC411.com

Out of memory message? Anyone can help with that?

Hey guys, in the last few weeks I noticed that my F90BT became really slow. I didn't do any changes to it for a while now. However, it takes unit forever to recognize that button was pushed or switch from map screen to main or to AV.

I noticed it started giving me "out of memory" error message when it is in Map/Navigation screen.

Basically message reads this:

"Out of Memory

Requested 1752706694

Cache 2298694"

Anybody knows what this means and how I can get my unit back to the normal operations when I don't have to wait 5 minutes for "Ok" button to recognize that it was actually pushed?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I see you say you have a f90bt, what version of software are you running? I only saw those in the pre 2.0 version. Does it do it all the time? They are not refering to flash memory as in storage but ram memory which only used to come up when searching for a poi, it would list results until it ran out of ram.

Make sure your running the latest version 3.0 is a paid update with newer maps, or make sure your running 2.006 which is the last free update for f series.

I ran 3.01 version and this message comes up sporadically any time during the system being in MAP mode. So far I had this error message came up four times.

The most troubling is that the system responds very, very sloooooow. It takes up to 10 and sometimes up to 15 seconds and more for the buttons to recognize that they were pushed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I am getting this error consistently, any ideas? I am trying to reapply the FX3.1 update which I did a year or so ago without issue. Headunit started reboot circle so figured this would fix it, but...........Am doing the wince update as well so everything should be fresh on there.