AVIC411.com

Verizon can't do math.

Apparently Verizon Wireless does not know the difference between .002 cents and .002 dollars.

There is a very humorous recording of a poor man and uneducated Verizon employees. He was quoted 71 cents, but was charged 71 dollars.

http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/

It's 27 minutes long, but it's worth it. He has much more patience then I would have in that situation.

while there is a clear difference in the figures quoted, I hardly doubt that this person really didnt know what was going to happen. I mean come on, did he really think the amount of time he spent on his data connection was going to cost him ONLY .71 cents? cuz thats what it works out to be if you take his line of thinking.

Now I havent listened to the 27 minute audio, and I probably wont, but even a reasonable person is going to say "hey, I pay like $50 a month for the service and I am going to use the shit out of it across the boarder, does it make sense that I should expect a bill increase of only 71 cents?" uhhhh NO. serves him right in all honesty, people make mistakes, and it seems clear this guy was out to take advantage of things from the get go.

Verizon definately should stick to it.

This guy is completely correct. He's been quoted over and over and over again that it is .002 cents per kb, and the Verizon reps are just not understanding it.

And I get what you're saying that maybe he should realize that thats too cheap, but he does say that he has the unlimited plan, so he has no basis for understand what the charge will be per kb. According to him, he called and confirmed twice that the charge is .002 cents per kb, so I think he has a right to be mad.

it does state on line and in damn near every advertisement I have seen for the data service what the fee is. That is the biggest reason I didnt get the service myself. But as a good will verizon should eat it. But the guy sure aint as squeeky clean as he portrays.

I don't think he is on the hook for it; Verizon clearly quoted him one price, and if he really wanted to make a point out of it and sue, he would win.

If you want to see why he is right, do this:

Go to google.com

Search ".002 cents" (which is what he was quoted) "times 35000" (the amount of KB he used) and you will get ".72 US dollars"

bro, I am not arguing with you about the value, it is what it is. In fact I agree that verizon should not charge this guy the money. At the same time its clear to many people that he should have known, and probably did know what was going on. Either way I could care less, cuz in the end, if he fights it he sure as hell aint going to even break even with the time and headache involved. Not to mention I dont know this guy and his $71 or 71 cent bill means nothing in the grand scheme of things at least in my life.

Actually maybe I should call up and try to get verizon into a pickle like this? worth the headache? I think not.