AVIC411.com

Do you all think we will see a blu ray drive option in nav units? I have like one regular dvd in my collection and the rest are blu ray so I am missing out on movies etc with the unit since its bypassed. Might be useless for a 7 inch screen but was curious if this ever may happen. Or if swapping out the slot drive dvd for a blu ray is even possible?

I would use DVD Copy 123 or something like that to make a copy of my Blue Ray disks and then move them to an IPOD and play them that way. Handbrake is another good program for reducing file size. First it was CD where you had about 800mb of space then we went to DVD and went past 4gb of space. While the size of content that can be put on a disk has grown as stated viewing it on a 7" screen does not make it that appealing. OK so a blue ray disk could hold much more data on just one disk but then I prefer to get rid of disks and have it all on an IPOD with 160GB. Just my opinion.

I agree that iPod are a better solution for the average user wanting large media storage but what I would like to see is better support for drives. Being able to add a large HDD or SSD would kick. Just think you could have a TB of storage for media!