AVIC411.com

System restart due to tuner error

I have been having random restarts on my Z110BT while driving. Not convenient, but not a disaster as the reset is relatively quick... Now I have been getting this error message once in a while, without actually experiencing a restart:

"System restart due to tuner error. If error persists, please contact the service center."

post-23258-12872762142444_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I started getting this exact message, while in XM mode, yesterday after installing the ND-TMC10 traffic tuner and GEX-P920XM XM tuner on my AVIC z120bt. I know the z120bt doesn't support the traffic tuner yet. I had the head unit out to install the P20XM after my CD-SB10 Sirius bus died, so I installed the traffic tuner in anticipation of the 120-to-130 software upgrade. The message can be cleared by pressing the ok button, but reappears about 3 minutes later.

I didn't have this problem before installing the traffic tuner and XM tuner. I also have the GEX-P20HD hooked up to the z120bt.

The XM is working fine. I had to leave the HD module without an antenna until I can get a splitter that will allow me to attach both the HD and the traffic tuners, but it was working fine before the traffic and XM install, and, if I move the antenna to the HD module, the HD works fine, but the error screen still pops up. Based on this, I assume that the error message is being generated by the traffic tuner.

If that is the case, is it generating the error because the z120 software isn't ready for the tuner yet, or because the tuner is non-functional?

Has anyone run into this before, with respect to the traffic tuner on a z120? (And no offense, because I put this in all of technical question posts, regardless of the forum, but please no responses that involve pure speculation, without any basis in empirical data or experience. We're all scientists or technologists, after a fashion, so let's honor Mr. Bacon.)

Craig

post-43769-0-14930100-1304514567_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

For what it's worth, I just installed the 2011 Navigation Upgrade (CNDS-210FM) on my Z120BT (originally Z110BT), and now getting the exact same error message. In my case, it pops up every 30 seconds or less. Very annoying. I'm really hoping it's because I still have my MSD direct tuner installed. Can anyone confirm?

I'll try to see if I can remove it (since it's basically useless now anyways), and will update this post.

Never mind. Just saw another post that states this is exactly my problem.

Have you been told that removing the MSN Direct tuner will clear the error message? I made the same update and the error message pops up every ten seconds or so. It happens no matter what mode I'm in, but everything works fine. I have an AVIC Z110BT.

I have the MSN Direct Tuner and I just upgraded to the (CNDS-210FM) for my Z110BT, system restart due to tuner error every 10 seconds. My unit is essentially bricked. I'm going to try removing the MSN direct tuner (since it is a brick now that they cancelled MSN direct) and see if that solves the problem

• 3 years later...

I know this is a super or thread resurrection. But on a road trip with limited internet access (and time) and have realized my unit doing this now. MSD was removed among time ago but I'm still getting the "System restart due to tuner error. If there are persists, please contact the service center." Are there any more recent updates on what is causing this error? The Internet speed is awfully slow where I'm at so I've been forwarded from searching as thoroughly as I usually would. Any updates someone to give me all this would be very much appreciated, thank you!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...