AVIC411.com

Today on my lunch break, in the middle of a song I got the Cannot Use HDD error. After restarting the car, it was fine. Then on the way home, it happened again. Now it happens right away when I start the car. This drive was purchased on ebay in the middle of February. Its been fine up until today. Temp outside is about 34. Drive is a MK6022GAX. It made some funny noises so I assume the HDD is toast. The seller claimed it is automotive but it is clearly not. This is in a 1991 cadillac with hydraulics. I do not hop the car, but it does ride rougher than stock depending on the road conditions and the height I have it. The seller said I can return it and he will replace it; but I do not want the same thing to happen again in the future. Should I ask for a refund and get a GAC drive, or take my chances with a new one?

I also did just update the CDDB wtih the newest information over the weekend. Dk if that has something to do with it...

• 2 weeks later...

Transcend drives go for about $150 on ebay. I'm assuming transcend would charge for the security bypassing. Still not all that bad for price. Just finished welding up my new front struts. the coils I put on now are much softer. Rides pretty close to stock. I should have a new drive in a week or two. Been using the factory drive and its been fine. The car is not being driven right now though because I have the suspension components being chromed.

Pics of the car:

PIC_0227.jpg

blur.jpg

Photo0160.jpg

Photo0311.jpg

not everyone's style, but I have fun in it.