AVIC411.com

x920bt initial thoughts after a few hours

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will fit. I just installed a 110 in that same vehicle.

Awesome. Thank you very much! I'm using the Metra DD kit, does it stick out at all? Was it a super-tight fit or more or less normal?

Would you be willing to share any particular "gotchas" with the Titan? I've installed systems before, but not GPS. I'm concerned trying to find the speed-sensor wire and the parking brake wire - was planning on using vampire clips for those. Also did you just ground it to the steel bar that runs behind the dash? I was thinking of clamping it on there.

Thanks again! I'll be an AVIC owner soon enough now.

It will be tight. In fact, the air duct pipe at the back of the dash caused the back of the unit to rest against it causing the unit to set at a slight angle. We had to Dremel the dash face edges because the angle of the unit was resting against the back of the dash face causing it to stick out slightly out of line with the rest of the dash. Five minutes with the Dremel solved that problem however.

It will be tight. In fact, the air duct pipe at the back of the dash caused the back of the unit to rest against it causing the unit to set at a slight angle. We had to Dremel the dash face edges because the angle of the unit was resting against the back of the dash face causing it to stick out slightly out of line with the rest of the dash. Five minutes with the Dremel solved that problem however.

Crap. Well, that's why I have a Dremel. I think the 920bt might even be a little deeper according to Crutchfield so this should be interesting.

How'd you ground it, and connect the speed/e-brake wires?

Ok. I may hook mine up anyway unless it interferes with the bypass. From what I understand it's mainly for driving in long tunnels and such where you lose the lock on your GPS, but supposedly it also gives you a more accurate position even with a lock.

I guess I'm just going to go ahead and install it and see what happens. From what you described it sounds like I will need to dremel a few millimeters off the bottom inside lip of the Metra dash kit so it sits flush, right?

The unti is great I love it. The VSS also has a lot to do with the ecomdrive feature I assume. Shouldn't effect the bypass however.

Favorite feature by far is the new way u go through lists iPhone scroll style. Imsure pandora will top it whenever that becomes available.

The f series doesn't compare, the new features of this unit along with the bootup time more then makes up for the molding. Even that isn't really necessary thanks to the shortcut icons u can assign both in the nave screen and via the menu button.

Overall excellent decision I bought it and an excellent rtm product. I bet they have been working on this thing since the f series in 2008 or even before given the polish. This is a first for me and it's hard to imagine what could improve the next model other then nave graphics.

I reallyo Ike the fm radio information that is a first vie seen it. Makes fm more worth it. Seeing the radio station along with the song and artist is very cool. Makes xm joust look silly along with the monthly fee. Pandora link more then makes up for the loss there

I still really like the source selection layout now. It's a great improvement along with the iPod information screen

I used two have xm but i got rid of it when i got this unit. So i didn't get a chance to see how that Works.

Great stuff. Good job pioneer. Woo!

• 1 month later...