AVIC411.com

Okay. I ran a couple of temporary RCA cables from the HU to the amp, and the hiss is greatly reduced. I also notice that the overall level is lower. So, I lowered the gains on the LOC to match, and the hiss at zero-volume is almost gone now using the high-level outputs.

However, I think I might just buy a 4-channel rca cable, and go line level. It couldn't hurt to remove two stages of processing (HU amp and LOC) from the signal path.

I think I might just buy a 4-channel rca cable, and go line level. It couldn't hurt to remove two stages of processing (HU amp and LOC) from the signal path.

there you go, thats what im talking about. using LOC's if you dont need to is one of the biggest creators of distortion, i mean you take the original signal and boost it up with a very basic low powered amp then you cut that down to a fraction or the power and then reampifly it again. its a recipe for disaster.

most of the time, the noise is barely noticeable, but it is silly that its there in the first place. but you do get what you pay for in life, this unit barely cost any more than the regular alpine CD deck that it replaced, or the eclipse i had before that. those units where night and day better sounding. oh well, one day i will go back to an eclipse HU.

Unfortunately, it appears that Fujitsu has dropped the Eclipse brand from Europe and North America. That's the word on the street. Just look at their websites for those regions. The last entries are from 2009.

The Japanese site is relatively up to date, though. So, it seems they're still rocking Japan. (My brother-in-law has a Japanese Eclipse AVN in his Toyota Vitz. Thank god. Or, I'd never be able to find shit there.)

I wouldn't mind one of those flash disk AVN units. I'm hoping they drop to a closeout price at some point, the way their amps and speakers have dropped in price, due to shutting down their North American ops.

BTW, do you have any recommendations on brand of rca cable? I usually don't fall for the Monster Cable BS. But, their 300 series looks good at a decent price. Kicker's Z series looks nice and is dirt cheap.

with the key on engine off , ipod plugged in , volumne at 0 - 2 , i have almost no noise. i cant hear it , my wife says she can hear a slight noise. same thing with the homemade cd and a store bought cd. i do play my music loud , probably f_cked up my hearing somewhat (lol). just wondering why would you use the high level wires instead of the rca's? seems like more of a pain running the wires than rca cables . i'm no installer or expert in car audio , just someone who likes music and bought a P.O.S. head unit like the rest of you. hope you get it figured out. have a good one. fonjo

the brand doesn't really matter too much for basic systems, most brands usually make crappy, good, and great cables. i would try to stay away from any brand that has "jelly ends" where the ends of the cable are molded rubber connectors as they seem to be the easiest to break, i prefer ends that have a solid metal connector (preferably ones that unscrew so they can be repaired if needed) but how you run them is much more important, you need to make sure that you keep the cables as far from high current power sources as possible.

just wondering why would you use the high level wires instead of the rca's? seems like more of a pain running the wires than rca cables .
I thought I made it pretty clear that I used the high-level signal so I wouldn't have to run any wires. I just used the existing wiring that originally went to the Monsoon amp.

Obviously, I would have run line-level, if I was going to run wire. And now, it looks like I will be doing that anyway.